Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Default Congratulations Christanel

As well as a huge 'thank you' because since October 2004 she has spent a minimum of nearly thirty-five days answering an untold number of queries.
    Well, when I say 'untold' make it ten thousand, as her current post count is 10,024, and I know for a fact that she hasn't posted that number of queries about her own family history.

I arrived at the 'thirty-five days by allowing five minutes per post (reading the query in the first place, then answering it). However, I know from personal experience that relatively few posts can be replied to that quickly, so a more accurate figure will be at least triple that time so you're soon up to three and a half months, working 24/7.

To put this in context, I recall only two other forum members reaching the 10,000 milestone. One, a former mod, Geoffers, who sadly had to leave BG because of health problems, and the other is Peter Goodey who is still going strong with a post count of 16,704.

I would also like to add a personal 'thank you' to Christina for all the help she has given me since I became a mod.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Knowledgeable and helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    As well as a huge 'thank you' because since October 2004 she has spent a minimum of nearly thirty-five days answering an untold number of queries.
    Well, when I say 'untold' make it ten thousand, as her current post count is 10,024, and I know for a fact that she hasn't posted that number of queries about her own family history.

I arrived at the 'thirty-five days by allowing five minutes per post (reading the query in the first place, then answering it). However, I know from personal experience that relatively few posts can be replied to that quickly, so a more accurate figure will be at least triple that time so you're soon up to three and a half months, working 24/7.

To put this in context, I recall only two other forum members reaching the 10,000 milestone. One, a former mod, Geoffers who sadly had to leave BG because of health problems, and the other is Peter Goodey who is still going strong with a post count of 16,704.

I would also like to add a personal 'thank you' to Christina for all the help she has given me since I became a mod.

Pam
    I want to add my thanks to Christanel as well. Quite a few of my queries have been promptly answered and either corrected my line of inquiry or sent me on another and sometimes successful journey.

A fountain of knowledge

An absolute STAR of the BG forums.

I came on to Brit-Gen earlier and saw the title 'Congratulations Christanel' and my first thought was "Pam's having a dig at me, for something silly I have done." Then I saw that the post was on the general forum and not in the Mod's lounge and I really started to worry. Honestly Pam you do pick up on stuff don't you and then to do a mathematical calculation - which made my eyes water - is definitely above and beyond.
    Thank you for noticing this milestone and then taking the time to point it out to me by posting about it.

Thank you too David for your kind words about my meagre efforts on your behalf, and I thank all the many other members who have the same enthusiasm in helping those of us who get stuck from time to time and leave me in awe of some of the information they find.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Well done, Chris!

Growing old Disgracefully

Well done Chris may you carry on for a lot more years, I might not be around much for a couple of weeks has got to have Cateracts removed on Friday.

Sandy, I resisted that for ages and my optician got fed up and made the appointment for me. The only thing I regret is that I didn't do it sooner. It didn't hurt and it's like having a net curtain pulled open! Good luck.

Congratulations, Chris.
    Alma

Growing old Disgracefully

Thank you Lesley I did'n go last year because of lock down etc so when it came to this year I went Lucky for me I got a lovley optician from the Hospitol who was filling in for the day.

Famous for offering help & advice

Congrats Christanel.

Also yes, I would like to add a special thanks to Peter Goodey as well, always liked him and he is a very well regarded member, and has a huge wealth of knowledge. He has often answered many of my queries over the years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast