Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brick wall demolition expert!

Helachau

As usual an immaculate piece of research.

Thanks

Megan,
    Diolch.
    This is proving a fascinating thread. I've looked at The Old Bailey online, searching under "admitted evidence" in Keywords, with radio button set to "Phrase". Some great stuff.

Cofion cynnes
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

I followed Peter Goodey's advice to ask the National Archives for advice, and thought that I would share with you their response.

"I am afraid that we cannot answer questions of historical fact or fiction. The National Archives holds the original documents of central government departments and law courts. We provide access to those documents but it is up to you to interpret them for yourself."

Many thoughts spring to mind, but as they have obviously become just a store cupboard I shall instead focus on a positive, namely: thank heavens for helachau.

Knowledgeable and helpful

Admitted evidence is evidence the judge has allowed to be used. It is up to the judge whether any evidence is admissible or not.
    Cheers
    Guy
    As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.

Reputation beyond repute

I am afraid that we cannot answer questions of historical fact or fiction
    I'm sorry you got such a negative response. All I can say is that I have had helpful advice from them in the past. But times change and of course the response sometimes depends who happens to be dealing with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey View Post
    I'm sorry you got such a negative response. All I can say is that I have had helpful advice from them in the past. But times change and of course the response sometimes depends who happens to be dealing with it.
    You are absolutely right Peter. I've visited there on a number of occasions and have always been impressed by their helpfulness. We can all hope that this obstructiveness is only emanating from those answering email queries.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Etchells View Post
    Admitted evidence is evidence the judge has allowed to be used. It is up to the judge whether any evidence is admissible or not.
    Cheers
    Guy
    I checked a lot out on this thread and recall there was an item in The Times where a Recorder was criticising the practice of Judges in determining "admitted evidence" and advocating it should be laid down by Parliament. Apparently a lot of ne'er do wells escaped justice thereby.

Re. previous post see The Times, 9 Aug 1787.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12