Default Hi from Thailand

Thanks for letting me join.

I have lived in Thailand since 2004 but started my family research in 1980 when an elderly first cousin once removed gave me a copy of his typed up notes and a hand drawn tree. I'm afraid that I found quite a few errors over the years ...!

My family came from north west Shropshire to the Black Country in about 1820 and most of them prospered. Although born in Newcastle, I lived in Wolverhampton at the time so was able to visit many sites.

My research has been intermittent over the years, and obviously isn't easy so far away but the internet has helped a lot.

I'm looking forward to those with more expertise helping me break down a few brick walls! :-)

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums Stan.
    Our members love a good mystery so you have come to the right place for help in sorting out your ancestry.
    May I suggest you pick a suitable forum eg:- Shropshire, tell us what it is you are trying to find out, give us all the information you already have with names and dates of birth, marriage, death , children etc and our sleuths will soon be on the job
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums Stan.
    Our members love a good mystery so you have come to the right place for help in sorting out your ancestry.
    May I suggest you pick a suitable forum eg:- Shropshire, tell us what it is you are trying to find out, give us all the information you already have with names and dates of birth, marriage, death , children etc and our sleuths will soon be on the job
    Christina
    Hi and thanks for the reply - I can see there is a worldwide membership!

Yes, I am still getting to grips with the board and how it works, so I will get stuck in once I know the ropes a bit better.

I'll start with Shropshire, because that's where my brick wall of a 3-greats grandfather Samuel was married and died, but no record of a birth anywhere that I can see!

Hi

If you scroll to the bottom of any page you are on to the very last blue bar you will find
    Contact Us. Home. Terms and Conditions. Top.
    Click on Home and this will bring up the page with all the forums we have on Brit-Gen Scroll down until you come to County Forums including Ireland, Scotland, Wales and British Islands and away you go.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    Hi

If you scroll to the bottom of any page you are on to the very last blue bar you will find
    Contact Us. Home. Terms and Conditions. Top.
    Click on Home and this will bring up the page with all the forums we have on Brit-Gen Scroll down until you come to County Forums including Ireland, Scotland, Wales and British Islands and away you go.
    Christina
    Many thanks. Luckily, having a play around, I came across that complete list, but I am not sure how I did it now!

I'm just having a browse through the Shropshire forum threads now. Maybe I'll find something interesting ...