Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by grisel View Post
    FS have a Mary Annie Hunt b1864 'Shrusbury Bayston Hill Shropshire' in 1911 in Egerton Kent . She is a married housekeeper for John Darke, innkeeper.
    WOW, that is her, just need to find her husband Henry William Hunt now in 1911. He has said in the past he was born in Pimlico. She is down as married, so hope he is around somewhere!!

Gold medal for you as well.

Well done.

Regards,

Carol

Famous for offering help & advice

Without meaning to put a damper on things, did you notice that the 'years married' column - originally completed as 23 years - has been crossed through in thick red pen?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jomot1 View Post
    Without meaning to put a damper on things, did you notice that the 'years married' column - originally completed as 23 years - has been crossed through in thick red pen?
    Well, I did see something, but thought she was trying to say she wasn't married to John Darke, even though he was down as a widow!!

Will go back with the magnifying glass and Sherlock Holmes!!

Thanks for your continued support.

I did have a thought that Henry had joined the services? The Henry William hunt who died in 1896 has been claimed by someone else!! There seems to be quite a few Henry William Hunt's born about the same time as mine!!

Regards,

Carol

Famous for offering help & advice

I think that John Darke used to be a coachman, but that's as far as I got in making any connection.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12