Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Henry William Hunt = Mary Annie Jones

Good Evening,

I need your help please with the following brick wall I am unable to solve. So here is what I have and know to be correct up to the 1891 census!

Henry William Hunt married Mary Annie Jones in St Andrew's Church, St george's Hanover Square, Westminster on 12.07.1887. Henry's Father, Henry Hunt, waiter (Correct) May annie's Father ThomasJones, deceased.#
    Witnesses were a James Boon, and ? Hunt, if anyone could tell me thw name of this witness please, as I cannot read the writing, but do have an idea it couod be one of his sisters.

The address for Henry Willian HUnt at the to=ime if his marriage is given as 11 Palace street, the sane address he was living at the time of his christening, birth date 20.08.1864 as written in the parish records. Henry's parents were Henry HUnt and MArtha Gorringe.

In the 1881 census he was living with his parents in London, but in the 1891 census, he was living with his wife Mary Ann in Farnborough, Hmpshire, both aged 27, and not appearing to have any children.

I am not able to find this couple after 1891. I have looked for their deaths in this country and also looked to see whether they had emigrated, but nothing, so your expert knowledge is required to help me further my research please. The sister who I believe is one of the witnesses emigrated to Australia and then onto New Zealand in May 1891!!

Am sending my thanks for any help you are able to help me with.

Regards,

Carol

Famous for offering help & advice

The witness looks like Louisa Hunt.

Hi Jomot1
    YOu are correct in your statement. I didn't want to give her name away, but wanted to see if anyone could read the writing, so well done. This was the sister who went to Australia, then married and lived in New Zealand.
    Gold medal goes to you.
    Thanks,
    Carol

Its a long shot, but I see that in 1891 Henry was a Butler in what looks like the household of Major Edward Dickinson of the Royal Engineers.

By 1901 Major Dickinson is a Colonel and living in Chelsea, but with a different butler.

There is a death in Q2 1896 in Southwark of a Henry William Hunt aged 33. The age is broadly right, but not really close to Chelsea :/

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by carolp View Post
    Good Evening,

I need your help please with the following brick wall I am unable to solve. So here is what I have and know to be correct up to the 1891 census!

Henry William Hunt married Mary Annie Jones in St Andrew's Church, St george's Hanover Square, Westminster on 12.07.1887.
    The address for Henry Willian HUnt at the to=ime if his marriage is given as 11 Palace street, the sane address he was living at the time of his christening, birth date 20.08.1864 as written in the parish records. Henry's parents were Henry HUnt and MArtha Gorringe.

In the 1881 census he was living with his parents in London, but in the 1891 census, he was living with his wife Mary Ann in Farnborough, Hmpshire, both aged 27, and not appearing to have any children.

I am not able to find this couple after 1891. I have looked for their deaths in this country and also looked to see whether they had emigrated, but nothing, so your expert knowledge is required to help me further my research please. The sister who I believe is one of the witnesses emigrated to Australia and then onto New Zealand in May 1891!!

Am sending my thanks for any help you are able to help me with.

Regards,

Carol
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomot1 View Post
    Its a long shot, but I see that in 1891 Henry was a Butler in what looks like the household of Major Edward Dickinson of the Royal Engineers.

By 1901 Major Dickinson is a Colonel and living in Chelsea, but with a different butler.

There is a death in Q2 1896 in Southwark of a Henry William Hunt aged 33. The age is broadly right, but not really close to Chelsea :/
    At least one of you must be wrong, and I'm going to leave to you to decide which one (or both).

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    At least one of you must be wrong, and I'm going to leave to you to decide which one (or both).
    Pam
    Looking again I think I've skipped past the Simpson household, but Henry was a butler so the question is, who for?

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Apologies to both Carol and Jomot1.
    Silly me failed to look at the entry for Henry, so assumed that he'd been found living in two different households. No, he was living in his own household with wife Mary, occupation butler, though it doesn't say to whom.
    I am off to stand in the corner for half an hour in penance.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    Apologies to both Carol and Jomot1.
    Silly me failed to look at the entry for Henry, so assumed that he'd been found living in two different households. No, he was living in his own household with wife Mary, occupation butler, though it doesn't say to whom.
    I am off to stand in the corner for half an hour in penance.

Pam
    Hi Pam,
    No need to stand in the corner, you have always helped me in the past so I am extremely grateful for all you advice.
    Carol

Growing old Disgracefully

Henry and Martha Hunt Baptised 2 children at St Peters Church, Pimlico 1864 Oct. 9.

Henry William DoB 20 Aug 1864
    Louisa Caroline DoB 9 (it could be) June 1862

FS have a Mary Annie Hunt b1864 'Shrusbury Bayston Hill Shropshire' in 1911 in Egerton Kent . She is a married housekeeper for John Darke, innkeeper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast