Famous for offering help & advice

Default Parish Chest Website Query

Question: has anyone ordered anything from the Parish Chest Website, run by the Federation of Family History Societies, recently?

I placed an order on the 14th March and am still waiting. I've sent two emails to Parish Chest without a reply(15th April & 10th May). I Facebook messaged the Federation of Family History Societies on the 20th April and was promised a response 'shortly', followed by me on the 8th May asking for an update, but am still waiting to hear anything.

At what point would it be acceptable to admit defeat and ask for a refund? But how do I ask for a refund as so far no-one replies to emails.....

Frustrated!

You can ask your bank to do a ‘grab back’ not sure the correct term!Thats if you paid by card.There’s 2 different ways of the bank doing this depending on amount spent.

Martins money tips website explains it clearly.

Have PC taken the money from your account?

Yes the money went from my account 48 hours after placing the order. I paid by debit so apparently I have 4 months for a chargeback, but I have to ask for the money back from the company first, bank will then refund if company have failed to refund.

I've finally managed to speak to someone today. They have now sent the file to my hotmail address three times but I'm not receiving it and it's not going in my junk box. Have now given them an alternative email and praying it comes through to that.......

My fingers are crossed.. Thanks for the update.

So last night at 10pm I received the file twice - at both my email addresses. It's like buses, you wait ages then two turn up together