Famous for offering help & advice michaelpipe's Avatar

Default Will "translation"

I have a will dated 1581, written in English of the time, However I am having trouble deciphering it, although it is probably a breeze for someone accustomed to that type of writing.
    Is there anyone out there who could be prepared to give it a go. I have a PDF copy.
    Hopeful

Michael in Adelaide
    Michael

Suffolk Pipe – one tree

Hi Michael
    I am absolutely no good at all with deciphering 'old' writing but I just wondered if you would like to snip a piece of the will and put it on here just to see if we can make anything of it. You never know, if someone is successful with the first bit we may get enthusiastic enough to try the rest.
    Here are the instructions for posting photos/text to Brit-Gen

The first step is to make sure that you are in Go Advanced mode on the Brit-Gen thread where you want to place the photo. Click on the picture frame in the row of images above the reply box. (6 from the RH side). The box that appears requires a URL address.
    You have to upload your photo to a free site which will provide a URL address. I use Postimage which is very simple.
    On the home page of Postimage click on 'Choose images' then find and click on the file you want to upload where you have the photo stored on your computer eg Pictures. Then click on the particular folder that holds your picture and Open it. Choose your photo, click on it and click on Open. You are now taken back to the Postimage page where you are given a choice of 9 links. Click on the URL 'Hotlink for forum' Now right click on the URL address and then click on Copy. Go back to the reply box on the Brit-Gen thread and in the URL box right click on your mouse and from the menu click on paste. The URL for your photo is now ready to be posted on the forum along with any information you have typed in to accompany it.
    There are other free sites from which to upload images with URL addresses if you want an alternative.

Here is a site with some tips and links for reading old wills

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Famous for offering help & advice michaelpipe's Avatar

Hi Christina,
    Thanks for your suggestion. However another kind member offered by PM to transcribe the document for me.
    There are some very helpful people in Brit Gen

Michael
    Michael

Suffolk Pipe – one tree

Thanks for letting us know you are getting help from another member of Brit-Gen. Good for you and good on them for helping (even anonymously )
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs