Thread: Devon research

Default Devon research

Greetings from Perth WA.
    I am researching my fathers family, EDMONDS. They all hailed from Black Torrington, Shebbear, Bideford, and Holsworthy. My GGGGrandfather was the Rector in 1622 in Exeter. Would love more info!

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums

Can I suggest you post a request about your Edmonds ancestors in the Devon forum and give us all the information you have about your ggggrandfather, wife, children, date of marriage, births of children etc. Anything that will help sort him out from the crowd. Then I am sure some of our members will have a go at trying to find something but as you know having got back as far as the 1600's you have done well and much better than some of us can manage. I will be forever stuck with my great grandfather born 1851 I think.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Default The Edmonds

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums

Can I suggest you post a request about your Edmonds ancestors in the Devon forum and give us all the information you have about your ggggrandfather, wife, children, date of marriage, births of children etc. Anything that will help sort him out from the crowd. Then I am sure some of our members will have a go at trying to find something but as you know having got back as far as the 1600's you have done well and much better than some of us can manage. I will be forever stuck with my great grandfather born 1851 I think.

Christina
    Thanks for your welcome
    I see you are in NZ? Waiarapa? My father was born in Masterton 1909. I was born in Fielding.
    Thank you for your advice, I will prepare a post on the Devon forum. Cheers Meri

Hi Meri
    I am in Carterton, have been here this time for 5 years and staying. We lived in Belmont NSW for 52 years but born and lived in Bolton Lancashire until I was 18. A small world eh?
    Look forward to seeing your post in the Devon forum.
    Christina
    William Burroughs

quick question..how do I get onto the Devon forum?

Hi
    Go to the bottom of the page you are on, scroll down until you come to the blue bar at the bottom of the page
    and click on Home. This will take you to the page which has a list of all the forums. Scroll down until you come to the Red bar with the headings County Forums including Ireland, Scotland, Wales and British Islands. Threads / Posts
    England counties are the first ones listed and you want to choose Devonshire county-wide forum
    Yell out if I haven't made it clear.
    Christina
    William Burroughs

Default Thank you so much

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    Hi
    Go to the bottom of the page you are on, scroll down until you come to the blue bar at the bottom of the page
    and click on Home. This will take you to the page which has a list of all the forums. Scroll down until you come to the Red bar with the headings County Forums including Ireland, Scotland, Wales and British Islands. Threads / Posts
    England counties are the first ones listed and you want to choose Devonshire county-wide forum
    Yell out if I haven't made it clear.
    Christina
    Thanks so much for your help