Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Moderator

Rachel is still alive on the 1851 census living in March as a Relative with a Rachel Long. She is 86 and a widow. (Rachel Long is a widow too)

As you have Thomas's death cert - who was the informant of his death?

Knowledgeable and helpful

Just to add to the confusion!
    Free Reg.
    Baptism. 13 March 1828. George Burrows. Leverington. Parents Thomas and Frances.
    Family Search.
    Between 1814-1828 Thomas and Frances (Bradley) Burrows had a number of children born March and Leverington.(including John Clements Burrows 1814)
    Marriage. Thomas Burrows/Frances Bradley. 1 June 1813 March.

It seems George, in 1841, could be grandson of Thomas and Rachel, BUT "born out of county?"

Free Reg.
    Burial. 5 March 1828. Frances Barrows, wife of Thomas (of Roman Bank). Age 37. St Leonard, Leverington

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

i have only his death cert age 77 date 1842 his marriage to Racheal in 1787 as per records there marriage i found in elm disc from c.f history but has a f.h.l ref which is 1040577 ref id 2;3w0c7tt which i know nothing about i was hopping it wood give his fathers name to give me a new direction to go many thanks

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by brihaz View Post
    i have only his death cert age 77 date 1842 his marriage to Racheal in 1787 as per records there marriage i found in elm disc from c.f history but has a f.h.l ref which is 1040577 ref id 2;3w0c7tt which i know nothing about i was hopping it wood give his fathers name to give me a new direction to go many thanks
    Do you have the actual death certificate for Thomas? His death registration shows on FreeBMD as being in North Witchford, which would be the registration district. His death certificate may show the name (and possibly the address) of the person who registered the death. Might help us, unless it was Rachel, which wont be any help at all really. The number you mention (1040577) is the file number at the Family History Society as they seem to hold the transcripts of the Parish Registers for Elm. By the way Elm is not the district. It could have been March or Wisbech.

Knowledgeable and helpful

Family Search.
    Burial. 14 Sept 1842. William Burrows. Age 77. March

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12