Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Famous for offering help & advice

Family Search have another daughter. Mary Ellen Cappur bp 1832 Witton Cheshire, parents Richard, linen draper and Elizabeth. Mary is with grandparents William and Hannah Porter in Uttoxeter in 1841.

Thanks everyone! I put information about William Porter and Hannah into my tree just to see if I could get any hints, and I found William's obituary. It sheds some light on their situation, it seems as if there were many deaths:
    "11 Oct 1845 • Uttoxeter, Staffordshire, England - Wm Porter grocer and ironmonger names his wife Hannah deceased;his late daughter Mary wife of the late Thos Garle and their only child Thos Porter Garle;late daughter Elizabeth wife of Richard Capper of Stockport;his surviving children Hannah,Sarah,Wm;his late father-in-law Wm Keates;his friends Richard Godwin of Hazlewall Cheadle,John Bladon of Runcorn gent named as trustees;his Capper grandchildren;his late grandfather Wm Porter NB his son Richard born 1820 died 1841"

It seems as though Elizabeth had siblings named Hannah, Sarah, and William. Also, how would I go about ordering the certificate from the link? I've never used the GRO before, what information do they give you and about how much does it cost? Thanks again everyone for the help

Famous for offering help & advice

Great that you now have William Porter's will! It does seem that the Elizabeth Capper who died in 1838 in Birmingham is his daughter.

The death cert may not add much to what you know. It will give (as I remember!)name and maiden name, age, date, place and cause of death, sex and occupation of deceased, name of informant and possibly relationship to deceased.

If you wish to order it you have to register with the GRO (free) then go to Order Certificates Online. Log in and go to View Indexes. Click deaths. Put 1838 for year. Capper surname, Elizabeth fore name. Sex female.Then search.
    Then click the button for the Elizabeth who died Aston Union 1838. Click pdf for the cheaper £7 version or cert for the more expensive £11 postal cert. This takes you to the ordering page.
    I hope I've put it all in the right order!

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Reminder that the link to the GRO site for ordering certificates is in post #2.
    Bookmark it, as you may find you need it several times in the future!
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Ah thankyou for the advice! And thankyou to everyone for helping out, I really appreciate all of your hard work - Danile

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12