Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The registration districts were changed regarding Birmingham. The family lived in the Ladywood area for most of their lives. Some of their offspring moved towards the Smethwick side of Birmingham which was in the Kings Norton registration catchment area in 1911. I will have to refresh my brain as to when the registration boundaries were changed.

Super Moderator

She was a servant on the 1861 census. Could Sarah have married? 1862 Maidstone? Unfortunately there is no spouse name only Usher and I cannot find anything on the 1871 to say he married a Sarah Ann. I know none of this is helping you with your original question!

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by JennyOS View Post
    The registration districts were changed regarding Birmingham. The family lived in the Ladywood area for most of their lives. Some of their offspring moved towards the Smethwick side of Birmingham which was in the Kings Norton registration catchment area in 1911. I will have to refresh my brain as to when the registration boundaries were changed.
    I cheat by checking out the details on FreeBMD.

Pick a quarter and a year, then type in a common forename (e.g. William). If I know the district I want then I select that from the dropdown list on the right-hand side of the page, otherwise I select the county, and then get a list of the registration districts in that county in the district box.
    Click the search box and you get (for example) a list of all the Williams born in 1934 in Birmingham registration district. Click the district name, and then you get a further page where there's a final link to click. This is what it tells me about Birmingham registration district.
    https://www.ukbmd.org.uk/reg/districts/birmingham.html

It can take a while to understand all the intricacies of how the districts work but once you get used to it those pages are very informative.

See also https://www.freebmd.org.uk/DistrictInfo.html and some of the links given.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Those links are very helpful Pam. Thank you, I’ve saved them for further investigations.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12