Default Irish Guards Royal Armoured Corps

Good Morning all!
    I hope you will be able to help me? I have been asked my a mate to see if I can find out about her fathers wartime activities!
    His Name was 2nd Lieutenant James Matthew Howard Tobias, Irish Guards Royal Armoured Corps, he was born on 7th November 1914, in Dublin, son of Eileen and Theodore, he married Audrey Browning, they had one child together, then married Eleanor Catherine Thompson in 1969. He died in 2000, aged 86.
    I have looked in the usual places, but drawn a blank, is that because he was Irish?
    Any help would be very much appreciated.
    Ian

The UK Ministry of Defence has not released WW2 service records for online publication yet.

Assuming that the Irish Guards are included among the UK records for WW2, you can find out about availability HERE, please note that your friend would have to apply as next of kin, and note the red text about delays.

If Irish records are not included in the MOD's collection, I am sure someone will correct me.

Famous for offering help & advice simmo1's Avatar

HI Ian

His name should be in the London Gazette, being an officer, but at a quick look I cant find anything. It is not an easy site to search though!
    https://www.thegazette.co.uk/
    regards

Robert
    Remembering

My Father 1819170 Lance Bombardier Robert Simpson 39/14 L.A.A. R.A.

Thankyou