Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Place of birth

Starting to feel at home

Pam I added her as Elizabeth as the name being associated with the Burns Road address. Sadie was a name giving to me by Gerald's sons ex wife, but like me she wasn't sure the name was correct as that was passed to her by a distant relative so it was all hearsay.

Your correct on what I cant prove. I have faith I will eventually get there.

Is it April 2022 the 1929 census come out?

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by sookie23 View Post
    Pam I added her as Elizabeth as the name being associated with the Burns Road address. Sadie was a name giving to me by Gerald's sons ex wife, but like me she wasn't sure the name was correct as that was passed to her by a distant relative so it was all hearsay.

Your correct on what I cant prove. I have faith I will eventually get there.

Is it April 2022 the 1929 census come out?
    I'm not sure if the release date has been published yet. I think everyone was hoping it would be 1 January as it was for the 1901 and 1911 but Covid-19 might have put a small spanner in the works as regards scanning, transcribing, uploading, etc, meaning that the date will be later in the year.

OFF-TOPIC - but I'm very lucky in knowing the exact address where one set of grandparents will be in 1921 though I'm keen to know how many of their six children were still living with them. The other set of grandparents will likely be at one of two addresses, living with one set of great-grandparents. And I know at least the towns/villages where all my still-living great grandparents will be found. Will have to do a little more checking to see if I have any 2 x great grandparents still alive in 1921.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Starting to feel at home

Wish that was the case for my husbands side of the family.

Growing old Disgracefully

Is that your Carter/Ling tree on Ancestry if it is why have you got a birth reg. for

Gerald Cohen.
    Registration Date - Jan 1918
    Registration Quarter - Jan-Feb-Mar
    Registration district - Hackney
    Inferred County - Greater London
    Mother's Maiden Name - Cohen
    Volume Number - 1b
    Page number - 651

As the birth for Gerald Carroll.
    I have taken this from that tree

The reason I asked is because it does not make any sence

Starting to feel at home

Hi Sandy Yes that's my tree. I just add documents to the person I'm trying to find information on then delete after I've looked into it.

Growing old Disgracefully

Quote Originally Posted by sookie23 View Post
    Hi Sandy Yes that's my tree. I just add documents to the person I'm trying to find information on then delete after I've looked into it.
    OK The info I gave I found on Family Search and FreeBMD. i have a tree on ancestry that I use to help other folk. I found Sadie Kinsella in Boston, Irish, servant. and a marriage to Joseph Carroll also a Sadie in Ireland with farther and Family for you, sadie also has a sister Lizzy.

Starting to feel at home

Many thanks for your help.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandyhall View Post
    OK The info I gave I found on Family Search and FreeBMD. i have a tree on ancestry that I use to help other folk. I found Sadie Kinsella in Boston, Irish, servant. and a marriage to Joseph Carroll also a Sadie in Ireland with farther and Family for you, sadie also has a sister Lizzy.
    Sandy, note that, at the moment, it's looking as if 'Sadie' might be a red herring.
    See Sian's other thread (link in first post in this thread) where we've established that the 'Mrs Kinsella' living at an address in a bank book is called Elizabeth. 'Sadie' came from another family source, but I don't know if it's been established exactly where they got the name from.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123