Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Starting to feel at home

Default Kinsella/Carroll

Message from Moderators:
    People wishing to help should also view this thread

https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...rth?highlight=

Hi Everyone

After years of wanted to do my family tree I took the bulls by the horn and here I am stuck. I come back to the same people time and time again.

As far as we have been told a Sadie Kinsella left USA and came to England with her son Gerald born Jan 1918 in Boston, after her husband died. Sadie then married a Joseph Carroll 1923 this is the only record I have been able to find. I have searched endlessly for the birth record of Gerald he did go by the name Carroll but I'm 100% sure that Carroll was not his birth name. I've even got an address for a Mrs Kinsella dated November 1965 and I cant even find records using that address

If someone could point me in another direction I may have over looked due to pulling my hair out I would be truly grateful.

many thanks
    Sian

Welcome!
    Where did you find the Sadie/Joseph marriage? Did it give a location for the marriage?

Reputation beyond repute

I've even got an address for a Mrs Kinsella dated November 1965
    Shouldn't her surname be Carroll?

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Sadie Kinsella and Joseph Carroll, June quarter 1923, Bucklow registration district.
    Places in Bucklow rgistration district (which is mostly in Cheshire, but occasionally Lancashire)
    https://www.ukbmd.org.uk/reg/districts/bucklow.html

Do you have any idea of when Sadie was born?
    And what's the 1965 address you have? If it's addressed to Mrs Kinsella then either Sadie reverted back to her maiden name, or else it must be addressed to Gerald's wife. Does it have an initial as well as the surname?

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Famous for offering help & advice

There are 4 Carroll children born between 1923 -1930 with MMN Kinsella. All registered Bucklow Cheshire.

On 1939 register there’s a Joseph Carroll,with Anne Lewis Carroll,wife,4 children& 2 redacted records.3 children match births with MMN- Kinsella, 1 child with MMN - Jones.

7 Lacey Green Wilmslow. This area would come under Bucklow.

Starting to feel at home

many thanks for the replies

I have no idea where she was born or who are parents are. I ordered the marriage certificate this morning.

the address was written as Mrs Kinsella 39 Burns Road, Harlesden, London

I believe her and Joseph Carroll divorced as a later census show him living with a different wife. So I've no idea if Kinsella was her maiden name or her name from her first marriage.

My husbands nan had a child with the Gerald born in 1918 they never married she went by the name Mrs Carroll so who knows if she got the idea from Sadie?

Gerald born in 1918 died in 1963

Sian

Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by Pamelawagster View Post
    There are 4 Carroll children born between 1923 -1930 with MMN Kinsella. All registered Bucklow Cheshire.
    I have all of them on my tree on ancestry.

Starting to feel at home

Gerald Carroll 1918 lived in Croydon married an Elsie Rogers 1938 and then married Mildred Buckmaster 1946

Starting to feel at home

On 1939 register there’s a Joseph Carroll,with Anne Lewis Carroll,wife,4 children& 2 redacted records.3 children match births with MMN- Kinsella, 1 child with MMN - Jones.

what does MMN mean?

also lost with the children match births with MMN-Kinsella, 1 child with MMN Jones
    sorry if I'm coming across a thick

sian
    Last edited by sookie23; 10-04-2021 at 6:00 PM. Reason: addition INFO

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

As usual, Pamela's on fire tonight.
    I'd found the Carroll-Kinsella children's birth registrations and the 1939 Register entry, but not got any further.

Quote Originally Posted by sookie23 View Post
    what does MMN mean?

also lost with the children match births with MMN-Kinsella, 1 child with MMN Jones
    sorry if I'm coming across a thick

sian
    mmn = mother's maiden name.

Marriage registration Joseph J Carroll and Ann (no middle name) Jones, September quarter 1936, Bucklow registration district.

You can search for children by mmn on FreeBMD 1912 onwards. https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl
    Prior to that (and for some years afterwards) you need the GRO new index available at
    https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/c...ates/login.asp

Possibly totally unrelated but I happened to see this marriage registration -
    Reginald A Kinsella and Josephine Carroll, September quarter 1938, Manchester North registration district.

(t'other) Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast