Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34
  1. #11
    Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    8,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toffeetower View Post
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I can't find anything with Mary C Coppelle.1939 census
    No idea what I'm doing wrong,
    Thanks
    If you're searching on FMP, you're not doing anything wrong. FMP have made a dog's dinner of the names, though I would agree with their date of birth for Mary being 4 March 1902, rather than Christina's guess of 4 November 1902. And they're living in Washington, not Durham.
    On FMP, Louis has been indexed as Doris (Louisa M A) Coppeller, female. And obviously Mary's surname has been indexed as Coppeller.

    Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

  2. #12
    Loves to help with queries
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    bootle
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    If you're searching on FMP, you're not doing anything wrong. FMP have made a dog's dinner of the names, though I would agree with their date of birth for Mary being 4 March 1902, rather than Christina's guess of 4 November 1902. And they're living in Washington, not Durham.
    On FMP, Louis has been indexed as Doris (Louisa M A) Coppeller, female. And obviously Mary's surname has been indexed as Coppeller.

    Pam
    Ahhh thanks I'm using ancestry,
    Think I've found Mary Smith in 1911 schedule 212
    Mary Alice Smith born 1901

    Also 1901 RG.13 4654 Durham
    Mary A Smith 6 months

    Father John Smith mother Margaret Annie purvis

    Maybe baptism
    Name Mary Alice Smith
    Gender Female
    Baptism Date 21 Oct 1900
    Baptism Place Clock Field, Durham, England
    Father John Smith
    Mother Margaret Annie Smith
    FHL Film Number1514581Reference IDv 2 p 57

  3. #13
    Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    8,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toffeetower View Post
    Ahhh thanks I'm using ancestry,
    Think I've found Mary Smith in 1911 schedule 212
    Mary Alice Smith born 1901

    Also 1901 RG.13 4654 Durham
    Mary A Smith 6 months


    Father John Smith mother Margaret Annie purvis

    Maybe baptism
    Name Mary Alice Smith
    Gender Female
    Baptism Date 21 Oct 1900
    Baptism Place Clock Field, Durham, England
    Father John Smith
    Mother Margaret Annie Smith
    FHL Film Number1514581Reference IDv 2 p 57
    Oh no you haven't.

    What was Mary's middle name when she died?

    Also if she was born in 1902 as per the 1939 Register and her death registration, how can she possible appear in the 1901 census?

    Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

  4. #14
    Loves to help with queries
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    bootle
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    Oh no you haven't.

    What was Mary's middle name when she died?

    Also if she was born in 1902 as per the 1939 Register and her death registration, how can she possible appear in the 1901 census?

    Pam
    Is the 1939 correct though as states Mary C but the marriage we may have says Mary A as in Mary Alice????

    "COPPILLIE Louis M A Smith Chester-le-S. vol 10a page 1045"

    Mary Anne Coppillie death
    Mary Ann Coppillie
    Death Age: 75
    Birth Date: 6 Mar 1902
    Registration Date: Jan 1978
    [Feb 1978]
    [Mar 1978]
    Registration Quarter: Jan-Feb-Mar
    Registration District: Durham Northern
    Inferred County: Durham
    Volume: 1
    Page: 1419

    Or does the M A stand for Maria Arsen.?

  5. #15
    Loves to help with queries
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    bootle
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toffeetower View Post
    Is the 1939 correct though as states Mary C but the marriage we may have says Mary A as in Mary Alice????

    "COPPILLIE Louis M A Smith Chester-le-S. vol 10a page 1045"

    Mary Anne Coppillie death
    Mary Ann Coppillie
    Death Age: 75
    Birth Date: 6 Mar 1902
    Registration Date: Jan 1978
    [Feb 1978]
    [Mar 1978]
    Registration Quarter: Jan-Feb-Mar
    Registration District: Durham Northern
    Inferred County: Durham
    Volume: 1
    Page: 1419

    Or does the M A stand for Maria Arsen.?
    So as you say it can't be the same as what I found as she was born 1902
    But middle name is Anne so ill go digging again
    I forgot how confusing this gets, I'm really rusty at the min

  6. #16
    Loves to help with queries
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    bootle
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Poss Mary Ann Smith in 1911

    Name: Mary Ann Smith
    Age in 1911: 9
    Estimated Birth Year: abt 1902
    Relation to Head: Daughter
    Gender: Female
    Birth Place: Medomsley, Durham, England
    Civil Parish: Winlaton
    Search Photos: Search for 'Winlaton' in the UK City, Town and Village Photos collection
    Country: England
    Street Address: 1 Burn Road Winlaton
    Occupation: School
    Registration District Number: 557
    Sub-registration District: Winlaton
    ED, institution, or vessel: 11
    Piece: 30518

  7. #17
    Loves to help with queries
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    bootle
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toffeetower View Post
    Poss Mary Ann Smith in 1911

    Name: Mary Ann Smith
    Age in 1911: 9
    Estimated Birth Year: abt 1902
    Relation to Head: Daughter
    Gender: Female
    Birth Place: Medomsley, Durham, England
    Civil Parish: Winlaton
    Search Photos: Search for 'Winlaton' in the UK City, Town and Village Photos collection
    Country: England
    Street Address: 1 Burn Road Winlaton
    Occupation: School
    Registration District Number: 557
    Sub-registration District: Winlaton
    ED, institution, or vessel: 11
    Piece: 30518
    Quite a few Mary Anne Smith born 1902 in Durham area,
    My best bet is to send off for both of Louis coppillie marriages I think,
    Is there any delay because of covid does anyone know?
    Thanks

  8. #18
    Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    8,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toffeetower View Post
    Is the 1939 correct though as states Mary C
    No, it says Mary A, albeit the A is badly written.

    but the marriage we may have says Mary A as in Mary Alice????

    "COPPILLIE Louis M A Smith Chester-le-S. vol 10a page 1045"
    Yes, it could stand for Mary Alice. Or Mary Ada, or Mary Annabel, or Mary Alison, etc.
    However, as her death registration says Mary Ann, I suspect her middle name was Ann.
    The only way to confirm it is to send for the marriage certificate, which should also give her father's name and occupation.
    Which is a far more reliable way of trying to find her parents with a surname such as Smith. There's three possible Mary Ann Smith birth registrations in County Durham alone, and you currently have no proof that she was born in County Durham.
    There's eighteen possibles in England and Wales.

    Mary Anne Coppillie death
    Mary Ann Coppillie
    Death Age: 75
    Birth Date: 6 Mar 1902
    Registration Date: Jan 1978
    [Feb 1978]
    [Mar 1978]
    Registration Quarter: Jan-Feb-Mar
    Registration District: Durham Northern
    Inferred County: Durham
    Volume: 1
    Page: 1419
    Stop changing the spelling. Learn to quote correctly.

    Or does the M A stand for Maria Arsen.?
    Which M A are you referring to? M A Smith?
    Or Louis' middle names? Again, you need to check your spelling.

    Quite a few Mary Anne Smith born 1902 in Durham area,
    My best bet is to send off for both of Louis coppillie marriages I think,
    Is there any delay because of covid does anyone know?
    There's a message on the GRO website about waiting times. Can't remember what it says.
    https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/c...ates/login.asp


    Also please note that you are not allowed to copy-and-paste, as it is a breach of copyright. The way an index is written is copyright to the company.

    Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

  9. #19
    Loves to help with queries
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    bootle
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Just spoken with great grandson of Louis! Andrew is a paint and decorator, his father David was also a paint and decorator and it seems so was Louis! So well done whoever found that record with him as a paint and decorator! Ive sent off for marriage of Louis and Dorothy in 1978 too! As soon as it arrives I will inform you all! Thanks very much for your time and help everyone

  10. #20
    Loves to help with queries
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    bootle
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Hi, am I allowed to post pic of the marriage cert as it has come this afternoon?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Select a file: