Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Timothy J Luscombe RCT?

Hi,

Can anyone remember my brother who served in the Army in N.Ireland in the 80s. Unfortunately I don't know his service number and parents are deceased that's a dead end. Any help appreciated.

Many thanks Peter L

I’m sorry, but as this is a genealogy group, we only tend to deal with old data. Late 20th century is outside our remit.
    However, I think that you should have more success if you take a look at one of our related boards, Forces Reunited.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley Robertson View Post
    I’m sorry, but as this is a genealogy group, we only tend to deal with old data. Late 20th century is outside our remit.
    However, I think that you should have more success if you take a look at one of our related boards, Forces Reunited.
    Most awfully sorry, but I thought it was genealogy no matter whatever century it occurs in. Many thanks.

Hi Peter
    Just so I have this correct, are you wanting to specifically contact people who may have known your brother or do you also want/need his service record?
    If he served with the British army in the 1980's then his service record will still be held by the MoD.
    This 'sticky' explains and gives links to the Gov site where you can download the application forms. Read the very carefully because the information you will receive depends on when your brother died and your relationship as to whether closest next of kin.
    You will not need a service number or regiment but you will need to give his birthdate and a copy of his death certificate.
    Unfortunately as the 'sticky' explains there is a very long wait before you receive them.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

See our TOC at the foot of the page:

"6. Notes on the use of the forum and contents of posts

6.2: You are not permitted to post details of anyone who you know (or suspect) to be still living."

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    Hi Peter
    Just so I have this correct, are you wanting to specifically contact people who may have known your brother or do you also want/need his service record?
    If he served with the British army in the 1980's then his service record will still be held by the MoD.
    This 'sticky' explains and gives links to the Gov site where you can download the application forms. Read the very carefully because the information you will receive depends on when your brother died and your relationship as to whether closest next of kin.
    You will not need a service number or regiment but you will need to give his birthdate and a copy of his death certificate.
    Unfortunately as the 'sticky' explains there is a very long wait before you receive them.
    Christina
    Hi Christina, Since my parents and aunt are dead, so is my brother Tim I do not have his service number or until today his birthdate. I have since ordered his death certificate. I will use the forms and approacch the APC. Many thanks.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley Robertson View Post
    See our TOC at the foot of the page:

"6. Notes on the use of the forum and contents of posts

6.2: You are not permitted to post details of anyone who you know (or suspect) to be still living."
    Hi Lesley are you assuming that my brother is alive? Unfortunately he killed himself in 1992 so unless you have news, I fail to perceive why you have mentioned TOC para 6.2.

Best regards
    Peter

Knowledgeable and helpful

Quote Originally Posted by PJlus58 View Post
    Hi Lesley are you assuming that my brother is alive? Unfortunately he killed himself in 1992 so unless you have news, I fail to perceive why you have mentioned TOC para 6.2.

Best regards
    Peter
    I was saddened to read this post on two levels.
    Firstly, and foremost, to learn of your loss in what I imagine could have been in quite distressing circumstances.

Secondly that your initial experience of B G has been marred by a hint of some misunderstanding.

I have little doubt that you will understand the need to protect the privacy of third parties, although you are free to tell us anything you wish about yourself. As a rule of thumb, and in the absence of evidence to the contrary, it is assumed anyone born within the past 100 years or so could be alive, and therefore any identifying reference to them is to be excluded from posts.

I very much hope that you will not be discouraged from taking advantage of the knowledge and experience of the B G community in future, and that you will find us a friendly and helpful group