Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    A fountain of knowledge

I'm burning the midnight oil so only skimmed through this. I looked at the FMP Transcript of the 1905 Marriage of Lucy Barnes to Henry George. I've got rather lost as someone's Father is George Jalions.
    Christ Church, Great Warley, Essex. Sorry if that's already known and is irrelevant. Jill

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by gilian rowland View Post
    I'm burning the midnight oil so only skimmed through this. I looked at the FMP Transcript of the 1905 Marriage of Lucy Barnes to Henry George. I've got rather lost as someone's Father is George Jalions.
    Christ Church, Great Warley, Essex. Sorry if that's already known and is irrelevant. Jill
    I think its a bad transcription & should say Jenkins, which is why the certificate is needed really. Lucy's father was George Jenkins, Ag Lab per 1861 census (post #2)

Quote Originally Posted by gilian rowland View Post
    That's brilliant Gillian, thank you. I hadn't got round to looking on FMP as I've not been very focused recently (son in law in Hospital with Covid, but discharged today, phew!)

The information on the transcription is.............

Great Warley Christ Church, 04 Mar 1905
    Henry George (victoria Rd) father William a gardener
    Lucy Barnes widow (Victoria Rd), father George Jalions (farmer) which probably should say Jenkins
    Alma

Quote Originally Posted by almach View Post
    That's brilliant Gillian, thank you. I hadn't got round to looking on FMP as I've not been very focused recently (son in law in Hospital with Covid, but discharged today, phew!)

The information on the transcription is.............

Great Warley Christ Church, 04 Mar 1905
    Henry George (victoria Rd) father William a gardener
    Lucy Barnes widow (Victoria Rd), father George Jalions (farmer) which probably should say Jenkins
    Oh gosh this is really good! Thank you!! I will have a go at getting the certificate, soon as possible.
    I hope that this might somehow lead to finding my grandma Queenie's birth. At the very least, I
    will be able to add a great grandfather to my family tree.

Do let us know all the details on the marriage certificate once it arrives. Hopefully, the certificate will lead you to Henry George's ancestry.

All the details you need to order the certificate are on post #40.
    Alma

Quote Originally Posted by almach View Post
    Do let us know all the details on the marriage certificate once it arrives. Hopefully, the certificate will lead you to Henry George's ancestry.

All the details you need to order the certificate are on post #40.
    Very kind of you. I forgot to mention that Queenie's first child born in Canada in 1921 was named, Lloyd George Garner. Interesting how the middle name was her surname. I will keep my fingers crossed about all of this. Without the help of each kind person on this forum I would not have advanced to this stage at all.
    Thanks again! I will let you know what I find. ~Kathy

I don't know Henry's occupation or age from the marriage cert, but the Chelmsford Chronicle of June 8 1906 has a report from petty sessions of a Henry George, 46 plasterer of North Road Avenue Brentwood. He was fined 10s for using bad language.

Quote Originally Posted by grisel View Post
    I don't know Henry's occupation or age from the marriage cert, but the Chelmsford Chronicle of June 8 1906 has a report from petty sessions of a Henry George, 46 plasterer of North Road Avenue Brentwood. He was fined 10s for using bad language.
    I am wondering about Harry Genge,boarder and plasterer in Colchester in 1901. B London 1857. With another Harry Genge , poss a son, also a plasterer.

Knowledgeable and helpful

have had a look at cert on Essex Archives and name is definately George Jenkins
    witnesses were william Sargent and Beatrice Turner

Knowledgeable and helpful

30 Mar 1907 baptism is Mary Queenie Barnes and parents John Wickham Barnes & Lucy he is down as Surgeon (Deceased)address looks like 18 Elise Road birth June 6th 1902
    Dorothy is same date birth july 31st 1897

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast