Hello All, I lasted posted to your website in 2011! I am now searching a different relative! This time, I am looking for James Murray Stevenson, my grandmother's father/adopted father. The information I have found out so far is that he was in the 4th South African Infantry Regiment which was an infantry of the South African Overseas Expeditionary Force during WW1. He was accepted into this regiment on the 29th August 1915 and six days later he was in a motor accident and lost his life due to a skull injury. His date of death was 4th September 1915 at age 39 years 4 months (so presumably born in or about 1876). His death certificate referred to him as Private James Murray Stevenson Service No. 3291 born in Kilmarnock, Scotland. He was buried in the Potchefstroom Military Cemetery. A copy of his file showed that prior to joining this Regiment he was in the Krugersdorp Regiment based at Greenpoint Commondo Depot. He had been there I think for about six months and had been discharged on the 29th May 1915 due to losing fingers (I think he was there from 5 January 1915 to 31 July 1915). His occupation was a butcher. His file also refers to a 12 month previous service in the Prince Alfred Guards which I understand were based in Johannesburg, South Africa. I have no service number for either Prince Alfred Guards nor Krugersdorp Regiment (although there was a number 83530 on the form but not sure what it relates to). I have research Scotland's People and found a family which may be related (John Stevenson married to Margaret Murray in 1877 and had two children James and William) but I have no way of connecting them as I don't know when or how James Stevenson got to be in South Africa. The brickwall!!!! Did he enlist in Scotland? If so, what regiment and how did he end up in South Africa? Had he married in Scotland and gone to Canada before going to South Africa? His army file referred to him as from Wynberg, Cape Town so I assume that is where he resided at some point. I have no information on his mother or father or siblings as his South African war file refers to them as unknown. If anyone can help me solve this I would be most grateful. His wife was Agnes Johanna Stevenson (born Sims) who he married in South Africa on 5 September 1910. He had 5/6 children - Agnes Maria (died in childhood), Anna Beatrice (adopted?), Ernest, James, Henry, Hannah Barbara (born in 1915 but can't find month). Thanks