Thread: Prisoner of war

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Default Prisoner of war

Hi All
    I am trying to find out anything on a Clifford Valentine Hazell, born 14 Feb 1913 Bedwellty Monmouthshire, he married a Esther A Jones in Caerleon Monmouthshire Dec 1938, they then moved to Watford Hertfordshire by 1939 when they had a Daughter.

He was in the army for the duration of the WII war, and at some point was a prisoner of war, probably not in Europe has I believe he served in India and other countries, he died in 1948 Watford.

Can any one find out more or point me in the right direction.

Many Thanks
    Robert
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 04-04-2021 at 7:36 PM. Reason: Name of potentially living person removed as per our T&Cs.

Brick wall demolition expert!

The National Archives guide to finding POW records:

https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/...ar-korean-war/

Forces War Records have two records for C V Hazell in the WWII Daily reports (missing, dead, wounded & POWs) They will give you his regiment, battalion and service number
    If you take out a sub you will be able to access these but do remember to tick the box which stop FWR from renewing your subscription.

Applying for his service record, which is still held by the MoD should give you more information. Unfortunately there is a very long wait at the moment and this 'sticky' explains and gives a link where you can download the application forms. The cost is 30 pounds and you will need his birthdate and a copy of his death certificate. You will not need his regiment or service number although you will have these if you take out a subscription to FWR.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs