Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default edward james burns

HI I am after any information on edward james burns born in auckland new zealand around 1869/1870. Moved to nsw in 1890s and married rubina isabella graham in 1894. I am after his mother and fathers information as I believe he had a falling out with his family and all documents after this time have no family listed. thankyou for any help.

A fountain of knowledge

I can't help with Edward's parents but as you are on the Central coast NSW expect you have the record
    on Find A Grave for his burial and that of his wife at Coffs Harbour. There's a headstone with inscription

Edward born 1869 Death 14 May 1952 aged 83. Rubina Burns Died 1941 age 75 years.
    Sorry!
    Jill

A fountain of knowledge

I was going to say why not contact Auckland City Library but it seems to be closed for building work.
    You could still contact them or try another library nearby which I think might be Hamilton.Jill

Using New Zealand BMD's and searching 1865 - 1875 there are no birth registrations for an Edward James or just Edward Burns at all. Just using the surname Burns gives 5 pages of results with 11 of those having James as a first or middle name. Unfortunately the index results give no information as to where the births were registered
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Knowledgeable and helpful

There's an Ancestry public family tree that shows Edward's father as James Montgomery Burns, born 1846 in New Zealand. No mother shown. I know you need to take a lot of the trees on Ancestry with a bucket of salt and there are no sources quoted, but it might be worth investigating.

A fountain of knowledge

Could be worth having a read .. not sure if its the right family or even correct information but maybe something to look into

https://www.eoe.convictwomenspress.c...ardon-margaret

If the above link is correct then Joseph and Margaret would be your Edward's grandparents.
    Link to the newspaper articles on the murders and on the attemped murder of Margaret.

https://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/ne...e&sort_by=byDA

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Wow what a lot of family history is in the newspapers how ever sad it is.

Loves to help with queries

Can you please list all the information on the 1894 marriage certificate.