Loves to help with queries

Default William Alderman

Hi,
    Can anyone help me confirm William Alderman(Bpd about 1659/60 Great Horwood, Bucks)'s connection to his son John Alderman baptised 22 November 1690 Great Horwood, Bucks
    and to his wife Elizabeth Gulielm(possibly Williams?) about 1659 Great Horwood, Bucks
    and to his parents, John Alderman Baptised 16 April 1637 Cranford St John, Northamptonshire and Dorothie Sargent abt 1631/2 Rothwell, Northamptonshire.

I am struggling to find records to connect them. It seems it could be two different families instead of one bloodline.

Thank you for your help.

Gill

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbertlouise View Post
    Hi,
    Can anyone help me confirm William Alderman(Bpd about 1659/60 Great Horwood, Bucks)'s connection to his son John Alderman baptised 22 November 1690 Great Horwood, Bucks
    and to his wife Elizabeth Gulielm(possibly Williams?) about 1659 Great Horwood, Bucks
    and to his parents, John Alderman Baptised 16 April 1637 Cranford St John, Northamptonshire and Dorothie Sargent abt 1631/2 Rothwell, Northamptonshire.

I am struggling to find records to connect them. It seems it could be two different families instead of one bloodline.

Thank you for your help.

Gill
    Is that your tree on Ancestry? If not there is a JOSEPH Alderman born 1659 on Great Horwood. He has a son John Alderman born 1690 in Great Horwood.

Super Moderator

Also you may find the Alderman Family of Swanbourne of interest www.swanbournehistory.co.uk

Thank you. John Alderman's baptism 1690 in Great Horwood says his parents are William and Elizabeth. Perhaps there was more than one John Alderman? I haven't seen the original parish page, only a transcribed record and so it is possible. Thankyou. I'm looking for a William Alderman.

Also, I have seen the Swanbourne page, thank you. I have emailed them and waiting a reply.

Thankyou for your link. I had previously been on the Swanbourne page but hadn't been on the one that you had given. I found at the bottom of the page a link for a download of charts which i have looked at. It seems they have William of Great Horwood on there, but there isn't anything connecting him to John and Dorothy, his supposed parents.

I think there are two John and Dorothy's because it mentions that he is a Taylor. I had a message saying that William of Great Horwood can't be their son because their son William married someone else...
    Very frustrating.

Thank you for your help.
    It was a Good link.