Thread: Hello All!

Default Hello All!

I am very new to this. We are trying to find more information on our great grandfather who was born in Wales in the 1800’s. We unfortunately have very little information. We know that he came to South Africa to fight in the Boer War and then worked as a miner and apparently died somewhere around 1933 in South Africa. We also know part of his name and possibly his wife’s name. Any advice to help with our search would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums.
    Our members love a good puzzle so I suggest you post all the information you have for your ggrandfather, maybe in the Wales forum? including the details of his child from which you are descended - marriage etc? Any tidbit that may help us sort your ggrandfather out from the crowd.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums.
    Our members love a good puzzle so I suggest you post all the information you have for your ggrandfather, maybe in the Wales forum? including the details of his child from which you are descended - marriage etc? Any tidbit that may help us sort your ggrandfather out from the crowd.
    Christina
    Thank you so much. I will search for the Wales forum now.