Thread: Royal Artillery

Default Royal Artillery

Looking for any information anyone can give me regarding the Royal Artillery - 102 Light Anit Aircraft & Anit Tank Regiment that served in Crete during WW2. Researcing R.W.Heckels. Thanks

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums
    If you came to us from Forces War Records reading this will explain our connection.
    I suppose you have done an internet search using the term Royal Artillery - 102 Light Anti Aircraft & Anti Tank Regiment WW11?
    I did go to The National Archives site and found this page but unfortunately the record hasn't been digitised and can't be downloaded.
    All WW11 service records are still held by the MoD but you can apply for them. It does however cost 30 pounds and at the moment there is a very long waiting time for delivery. This 'sticky' explains and gives the link where you can download the application forms. You do not need his regiment or regiment number, only his birth date and a copy of his death certificate.
    Christina

https://discovery.nationalarchives.g...ails/r/C787759
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Knowledgeable and helpful keith9351's Avatar

The 102 Light Anti Aircraft & Anti Tank were part of the 1st Armoured Brigade that was sent to Greece in March 1941. After evacuation from Greece most were then taken by the Royal Navy to Crete. My father served with 1st Armoured Brigade but as he was wounded in Greece was shipped straight back to Egypt. The 102 were a Territorial Regiment (Northumberland Hussars). His service Record would be useful in your research but as Christanel said it a long wait at the moment.
    Keith