Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default John Robert Lees

Hi ,I’m looking for anyone who might be related to John Robert Lees,born abt1850 in Worcestershire/Warwickshire.thanks

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by harle769 View Post
    Hi ,I’m looking for anyone who might be related to John Robert Lees,born abt1850 in Worcestershire/Warwickshire.thanks
    Not related but have you got the two birth registrations of John Robert Lees: 1848 Worcs and 1847 Kings Norton, Worcs. (KN would probably be West Midlands now as it is part of Birmingham, it would probably have been Warwickshire at some time befopre it became West Midlands.

There is also the death reg in 1888 Worcs, born about 1850

Thanks for reply.I can’t find any birth records for him.He was still alive in 1911 census.Have him in every census from 1861 to 1911 but no birth records.Thanks.

Hi harle769 and welcome to the British Genealogy Forums.

I am assuming you're researching John Lees married to Dinah Flowers? Also, known as Robert Lees and John Robert Lees? Your DNA thread mentions the surname Adey does this name connect to John Robert Lees?

Do you have JRL and Dinah's marriage certificate, and if so what details are entered? Tell us all you know and the sleuths here will set to work to try and find JRL origins.
    Alma

Hi thanks for that.That’s the right One.Marriage was feb 28 1873 Robert Lees and Dinah Flowers married Aston.the witnesses were Elijah and Mary Farndon Mary was the daughter of Simon Adey and Ann lees ,Ann is the daughter of john and Sarah lees who john Robert was with in 1861 census in the household of Joseph and Mary Heath,Mary is another of john and Sarah’s daughters.thanks for your help.

Thank you for the info, it gives us something to work with, is there no father's name entered on the marriage certificate?
    Alma

There was a Robert Lees profession unknown but we think it might have been made up .

I've done some searching today but not got anywhere. I'll keep trying.
    Alma

Thank you.

It seems highly probable JRL belongs to the Lees family he's with in 1861 and the grandson of John and Sarah, therefore it follows he's the illegitimate son of one of John and Sarah's daughters as I haven't found any evidence to suggest John and Sarah had a son.

These are John and Sarah's children I've found, do you know of others?

Ann 7th June 1820; Sarah 29 Dec 1821; Mary Jan 11th, 1824; Thirza born July 30th, 1826; Maria January 8th, 1828; Fanny 13th May 1831 (died 1836); Elizabeth Harriet 1838 (died 1838)

Fanny and Elizabeth Harriet had both died before JRL was born, Ann and Mary were both married when he was born. It leaves us with Sarah; Thirza and Maria as his possible mother. Have you traced Sarah, Thirza and Maria in censuses? I note Sarah was still unmarried and living with her parents in 1871, she's also with them in 1841 but she eludes me in 1851 and 1861. Thirza I haven't found on any census, though there's a maybe (doubtful) in Liverpool in 1861 who died in 1862. Maria is with her parents in 1841, I've not found her after that. I think one of those three will be JRL's mother, but without a birth record it cannot be proved. Have you considered one of the three in the frame may have been living with a chap, using his surname and registered JRL with that surname? I'm certain a clue will be in the 1851 census but frustratingly I've not found Sarah; Thirza or Maria in 1851, have you?
    Alma

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast