Starting to feel at home

Default Looking for help with Oxfordshire branch

Hi,
    I only have one Oxfordshire branch in my entire tree. More of a twig than a branch. I have a James Samuel Handy and Margaret Elizabeth Pettifer marrying on Dec 17 1879 is St Ebbes. I'm good with this pair and going backwards, but it's their son I'm struggling with.

Their son was Alexander William Handy, who according to his baptismal record on Ancestry was born Apr 7 1881 and baptised in St Aldate. His father dies in 1888 and mother in 1889, and I believe he is found on the 1891 census living in St Giles, Oxford as a boarder to William and Sarah Parsons. (Written as Alf'd W. Handy).
    In 1901 he is still living with the now widowed Sarah Parsons, still in St Giles.

And there the trail ends. I can't seem to find him anywhere and would appreciate any help that can be provided. Don't know if he went overseas and that's why I can't find him.

Thanks
    Gerald
    Ontario, Canada

Brick wall demolition expert!

If you go back to the 1881 Census you will find his parents living with his elder (half) brother, James Edward who was then aged 14. There is a marriage record in 1889 between a James Edward Handy and a Clara Agnes Chapman, which took place in Reading, which is not that far from Oxford. I also found a Canadian marriage in April 1913 for their daughter Dorothy Lily who was born in London.

I thought at first that James Edward must have taken his family to Canada, but no because I found James with his second wife and Dorothy, and two other children in the 1911 Census living at 160 Coldershaw Rd, West Ealing.

He seems to have worked as a clerk on the railways. In the 1891 Census he had his brother Alfred born in 1869 living with him. James died 20 June 1916 in London. Alfred was deaf and dumb and in the 1881 Census he is residing in the Children’s Asylum at Margate.

The reason for researching the uncles was because I thought that maybe Alexander would be with them.