Thread: Newbie

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Newbie

Hi I’m Hodgy and I have just posted about my dad but did not introduce myself properly so apologies there. I presently live in North Derbyshire and am 70+ years old. I was born and bred in Chester and lived there with my parents until I left to live abroad in 1971. My interests are various but I do enjoy mountain biking on the nature trails at the rear of my house in Derbyshire, a beautiful county. I am an experienced fly fisherman and linguist, at present I am learning to read, write and speak Japanese. I would not recommend for the faint hearted 😆. I feel it a bit awkward about that as my dad was very anti Japanese all his life and suffered bouts of malaria during which I have heard him scream, ‘The Japs are coming’, I cannot imagine what horrors he and others like him endured.
    I am happy to say that to press I have lived an interesting and varied life together with my dear wife.

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum, Hodgy. Apologies are not necessary - we tend to be pretty relaxed as long as members stay on the right side of the TOC!

I hope that you don't mind, but I have moved your second message to the WW2 forum as it will get more attention from WW2 experts there. That post gives us all the info necessary except for one vital thing - his name! Lacking that, I will change the thread name to "Royal Engineers, North Africa & Burma" , again to attract more attention.

Enjoy!