Default Dudley, Worcestershire ancestor 18th century

My 3rd great grandfather, Cornelius Round, was born in Dudley, Worcestershire and baptized at St Thomas on 06 Apr 1783. His mother, Hannah Round, is the only parent listed on the record. I have not been successful in finding Hannah with any certainty, though I suspect she was born in Dudley in 1758. It looks like she had two other illegitimate sons- Thomas, 1780, and Daniel Flavel (interesting name), 1785. I accept that I may never know who my ancestor’s father is, but I really want to know who Hannah is and find out more about her life. I looked for an estate/manor in the area that she might have lived at, but have not found any records. There is a Hannah Round listed in the asylum/hospital, but no age given. I am really at a loss as to how to proceed. I have not been successful at finding records related to the parents of 1758 Hannah either. I would appreciate help!

Knowledgeable and helpful

May I suggest that you google "Daniel Flavell" and look for a family tree based on Wolverhampton. It begins with a Daniel for the first and second generation, but further down I noted mention of a Cornelius and a Hannah Flavell. Cornelius is a relatively rare first name so it is worth following this up, in case there are links which will give you other clues to follow. pwholt

More details on the Flavell family tree: It is located on mcmullin.plus.com/FLAVELL (or drop off the surname) There is a contact link of the Home page. Posted in 2017. pwholt

Thanks very much for this suggestion. Although I had checked out Daniel Flavel, I had limited it to him and not checked out further generations. Hadn’t thought of approaching it that way.

Thanks!

How do I contact the moderator of this forum. I would like to have it moved to the Brick Wall forum. Thanks for any help

I am also considering Hannah Round born in 1761 in Kingswinford, Staffordshire, as it is quite close to Dudley.

Quote Originally Posted by Liporter View Post
    How do I contact the moderator of this forum. I would like to have it moved to the Brick Wall forum. Thanks for any help
    This thread is now in the Brickwalls forum

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Free Reg has the following baptism.:-
    23 April 1758. Hannah Round. Daughter of Richard and Hannah. St Thomas, Dudley.

There is a marriage, Richard Round/Hannah Grosvenor, 13 August 1745, St Giles, Rowley Regis (4 miles from Dudley) also listed.
    It looks as if they had a son, Edward, baptised 4 May 1746, Rowley Regis, then a daughter, Parthena, baptised Dudley 21 Feb 1747/8

Quote Originally Posted by brentor boy View Post
    Free Reg has the following baptism.:-
    23 April 1758. Hannah Round. Daughter of Richard and Hannah. St Thomas, Dudley.

There is a marriage, Richard Round/Hannah Grosvenor, 13 August 1745, St Giles, Rowley Regis (4 miles from Dudley) also listed.
    It looks as if they had a son, Edward, baptised 4 May 1746, Rowley Regis, then a daughter, Parthena, baptised Dudley 21 Feb 1747/8
    Thanks for this info. I will pursue this.