Default Are there sub-forums for WW2?

I am a newcomer to this site and frankly puzzled. I was led to it by the usual blank wall encounters when first trying to search for army records; in my case relating to the RASC in WW2. I had expected to find a hierarchy of sub-forums below the main heading of "WW2 1939-45" but no, that appears to be it. Am I missing something? I can understand not having too many sub-forums if the search function works well but in this case it seems not to; inputting RASC or Royal Army Service Corps gave a long list of seemingly unrelated posts.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

WW2 1939-1945 is in itself a sub-forum of the main Military forum.
    If you think about it logically, it would be almost impossible to have a sub-forum for every section/regiment of the army.

It does depend what you hope to find regarding the RASC within British-Genealogy. We do not have any records whatsoever regarding anything or anybody. All that our members do is ask questions about their ancestors, and hopefully receive replies back, either stating specific facts (Fenella's birth was registered in June quarter 1849, West Derby registration district) or where to find a record (FMP have x dataset which has the marriage of John and Mary in Deeping St Nicholas in 1900), etc.

What were you specifically hoping to find out about the RASC, as we can probably point you in the right direction?

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

OK but WW2 is an awfully big topic to have no sub-forums; especially since it seems that the search function is not very good. I had been hoping to find a community of researchers whose parent/grandparent had been in the RASC in WW2 and to exchange info or, alternatively, to get a link to another forum/site which was more specific. My father journeyed from North Africa to Vienna and not alone. I had expected that others would have followed this route.

People tend to come to the British Genealogy Forum with specific questions and our volunteers can generally either help or send them in to a more specific site if necessary.
    You could try Forces Reunited.

Famous for offering help & advice simmo1's Avatar

Hi

If you are after a WW2 site with sub-forums, then look at WW2Talk.
    Just put that in your search engine.
    It is a specific WW2 site, this site is a general genealogy site.

regards

Robert
    Remembering

My Father 1819170 Lance Bombardier Robert Simpson 39/14 L.A.A. R.A.