Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by RustyH View Post
    Thanks Alma, will keep you posted.

Is there a reason I can't locate a marriage record for my grandmother where she went from Paget to Morrison (or a divorce record)
    Do you know for sure she did get divorced? It wasn't uncommon for people back then to live together as divorce was quite expensive. I know you say her death certificate named her as Morrison but the death informant may not have known she wasn't married to Mr Morrison. Or, she did marry but her name is mistranscribed, or, the Morrison marriage was her 3rd marriage, could she have married after her Paget marriage to a Mr unknown and then married Mr Morrison.
    Alma

Starting to feel at home

Hmmmmm, they are good questions

Im pretty sure she didn't marry 3 times, I remember visiting her alot and her partner was called Frank. So when I found her death certificate recently I assume that his name.was Frank Morrison.

The questions you have asked I can not answer at the moment so may remain unknown till new evidence arises.

I hadn't released the Death certificate could be misinformed, thought they would have had to do many checks to ensure the information was correct

I hadn't released the Death certificate could be misinformed, thought they would have had to do many checks to ensure the information was correct
    By 1998 when your grandmother died I think a marriage certificate OR civil partnership certificate would be required to register a death, but I'm unsure. Sorry if I've misled you I was thinking historically when a marriage document wouldn't be a requirement, I don't know when the law changed.
    Alma

Starting to feel at home

Not at all, wasnt misled but intrigued.

Thank you again for all you help.

I have noticed that my Grandmother had a first child that died at 3 years old from what the census seems to suggest. I dont think My mother knew of this. Its interesting what you learn

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123