Default 1764 parish baptism 'J & D'

Hi, can anyone help decipher a baptism record from 1764.

It reads "*Ann & William Dunne twins J & D of Edward Davies mercer & Susanna his Wife 13 Jan"

A few things confuse me here. Dunne I believe is Susanna's maiden name from a Banns record of 1760. All the surrounding records are of the format "John son of David & Mary Cooper bapt: Nov 11"?

What do "J & D' stand for?

I think it says 'mercer', but no other records nearby have the father's profession like this.

If anyone can shine a light I'd be very grateful.

Simon

Knowledgeable and helpful

Quote Originally Posted by SimonDMD View Post
    Hi, can anyone help decipher a baptism record from 1764.

It reads "*Ann & William Dunne twins J & D of Edward Davies mercer & Susanna his Wife 13 Jan"

A few things confuse me here. Dunne I believe is Susanna's maiden name from a Banns record of 1760. All the surrounding records are of the format "John son of David & Mary Cooper bapt: Nov 11"?

What do "J & D' stand for?

I think it says 'mercer', but no other records nearby have the father's profession like this.

If anyone can shine a light I'd be very grateful.

Simon
    I think it says 'S and D' for son and daughter. I also read his occupation as Mercer.

Emeltee

Hi Emeltee - aha I agree, comparing with other S's. Thx

Could it say 'Ann & William Dunne...' because they have been given a second name of their mother's maiden name and then surname Davies as expected?

Thx again

Solved the Dunne part by finding one of the children's will - indeed William Dunne Davies.