Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default King's Regulations 1940

I'm trying to find out the reason for the discharge of my uncle from the Kenya Regiment in 1940.

The information I have is from the abbreviated Kenya Regiment record that shows the following:

Name: Charles Edward Mouseley [sic - the correct spelling is Mousley]
    Date of enlistment: 16.1.39
    Discharged: 15.1.40

"Discharged under Reg 64(7)"

And also:

K Regu 64(vii)

So I'm assuming that I'm after paragraph 64 part vii of the Kings Regulations as at January 1940.

The Kenya Regiment was a Territorial Unit that was actually disbanded at the start of WWII and whose members were mostly posted to the Kings African Rifles.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum Robin.
    I'm sure that someone who can help will be along in a while.
    In the mean time, why not check the catalogues of the big libraries near you? Online, I can only find a copy from before WW1 and it doesn't seem to have paragraph 64, but I see that the British Library has a copy of the 1940 version available for people in its reading room (which is, of course, closed for the virus). There's always a chance that the African libraries have also kept their copies...

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Update:

Through another source I have discovered that 64(vii) simply means "services no longer required", which seems a bit of a catch-all! (We thought it might be medical discharge or reserved occupation.)

(And thanks for the reply Lesley!)

A very warm welcome to Brit-gen.
    I've been checking the site WW2Talk where queries about the King's Regs are frequently asked. Some members have a copy of the 1940 Regs - requires registration.

As for "Services no longer required" and "catch-all, these are the 1912 Regs
    https://military-researcher.co.uk/Kin...roduction.html

(xxv) covers "His services no longer being required". Click on "(xxv)" for reasons under which this was used at that period. No reason to doubt they were not the same years later - except, perhaps, no longer referred exlusively to "His ..."?
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"