Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by helachau View Post
    Birth Registration
    Florence Gertrude Hewson, Mar Qtr 1892, Louth, 7a 550 - mother's maiden name Dawson

Lincolnshire Chronicle, 6 Oct 1899
    Marriages
    At Yarborough, on the 28th ult, Vessey Grundy to Alice Hewson, both of Yarborough

Could your Nan have been a Hewson? I haven't done any follow up checks.
    Ooh, dangerous stuff that. I've been caught out by not doing follow-up checks.

In this case, probably slightly muddying the waters (haven't worked out a possible cousin relationship myself ) but the Vessey who married Alice is a brother to James, the father of Vessey Robinson.
    Vessey and Alice's marriage on FMP in 'Lincolnshire parish registers browse' dataset. Both Vessey, and his father Charles, are blacksmiths.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by wimsey View Post

but if Florence was born out of wedlock would we expect her birth to be registered as Florence Fox ?

e
    There is indeed a Florence Fox b Lincoln June Q 1893 no mmn shown on GRO.

Oh my goodness! How busy you have all been this morning! THANK YOU!

I need to work through each of your findings and enter them and print off the records. I have been working through the list of half-siblings and unfortunately found the death record of James S Grundy dated 4 months after his birth record. Very sad!

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    Ooh, dangerous stuff that. I've been caught out by not doing follow-up checks.
    Agreed - hence my declaring my hand. But had to dash off without going the full mile. Can rule out Flora Gertrude - found her as Hewson in 1901.
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

I seem to be very intrigued with the name 'Vessey' even though it's the name of my nana's first husband and not my grandad!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123