Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Loves to help with queries

Dear Philip, thanks for your reply, I started this because this is an update in the facts which at that time wre not clear and nbow they are: Joseph was son of Roselina Koperberg and not marrried, also not in the UK. He did indeed fled to the Uk as stated so now I want to trace his steps.
    Thanks,have a nice evening,
    regrads, Paul

Paul
    Reviewing the previous posts the issues are:
    1 Why did Joseph arrive in the UK for such a brief time?
    2 Where/when did he marry Sarah Boas?
    3 What proof is there of a marriage?
    4 Is Sarah Boas Dutch or born UK? Who are her parents/family? dob?
    5 What does the term 'married according to English law' mean?
    5.1 Were Joseph/Sarah actually married?
    6 Why would Joseph/Sarah get married in UK and not Holland?
    7 If Joseph did arrive in the UK he could have stayed anywhere and in any accommodation not just a hotel
    7.1 If Joseph stayed in UK was it with relatives/friends/relatives of Sarah. If so, a hotel is not part of the search
    8 What documents do you have regarding the relationship between Joseph/Sarah- what happened to them, did they have children. Did Sarah have family in Holland?
    9. If Joseph was in and out of prison how trustworthy is his comment about 'married according to UK law'- is this a Jewish marriage and not recorded as a civil marriage in the UK because it was not formally recorded?

The above seem to be the key questions regarding your research and it would prove useful to respond to each one in turn so that other researchers can get a clearer over view.
    What are your thoughts?
    As Pam rightly said, a better title is needed for this thread because it would enable other people who may have links to your lines to see the posts.
    Phillip-Jewish,British Ancestry

"The only true dead are those who have been forgotten"

Dear Philip, thanks for your input.
    Number one question from me is how to change the title of the thread?

Then as I said: in my first thread there are some mistakes: Joseph was NOT married when he came to the UK, my mistake. So my main question is: where did Joseph go after coming to the UK july 1899 (could not trace him in a passenger list),did he stay in any hostel/hotel/b oardinh ouse and ifo so, where and with whom, how did he go back january 1900(which ship,from where?)
    Sorry but due to my earlier heavy stroke my brains do not function always like they should so sometimes mix up events and names.

Dear Paul
    We share the same condition. My stroke was last year. My long term memory is good but short term memory has been affected plus I can't remember some words and get them mixed up which is why I listed the key points.
    Let us see if we can make sense of the current information.
    Please post any confirmed data if you have it particularly on Sarah Boas and your line as per my questions.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hi Paul,

To change the title of the thread, firstly decide what you'd like to call it.
    Then post a message asking a mod to change it to the new title.
    This applies to any thread, any time.

Mods can also change wording (or at least least flash up a warning) within a post.
    I've had occasions when serious mis-information has been given in an opening post but corrected further down the thread, so I've posted a red 'Please read the whole thread and especially post number x before offering assistance' at the top of the first post.'

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Thanks Philip but how do I send the msg to the moderator?

Dear Paul
    The last message was from Pam and not me.
    In your next post please ask Pam or another moderator to change the title of your thread.

It would make sense to call the thread Joseph Koperberg-Sarah Boas or similar.You decide and post what the title should be.

Given that you and I had strokes which has affected our memory etc it would be helpful if we both responded in short, specific terms where posssible.

Quote Originally Posted by Beek1956 View Post
    Thanks Philip but how do I send the msg to the moderator?
    I think you were typing this message while I was posting the one previous to it (#25) so you missed seeing my message. Same thing has often happened to me.

Pam

Hi Pam, would you be so kind to change the title in: " Joseph Koperberg's entry UK 1899-1900", is that ok?
    Best rgds, Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Beek1956 View Post
    Hi Pam, would you be so kind to change the title in: " Joseph Koperberg's entry UK 1899-1900", is that ok?
    Best rgds, Paul
    Duly done.

Pam

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast