Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Loves to help with queries

Hi Lesley, thanks for your info. Having read what this hotel was about I doubt if Joseph came there,do not think he had that kind of cash. But the name Koperbegr in the ad is very puzzling

I was in too much of a hurry to search back up the thread to remind myself when the famous English trip happened….. it seemed possible that he could have gone over to sort out family business.. the telegram name only occurs a lot in 1899-1900, with 1 or 2 in the years either end.

Reading the description, it sounded like a good place to hide a gang! Or even an individual.

But as you said, we’ll probably never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley Robertson View Post
    I was in too much of a hurry to search back up the thread to remind myself when the famous English trip happened….. it seemed possible that he could have gone over to sort out family business.. the telegram name only occurs a lot in 1899-1900, with 1 or 2 in the years either end.

Reading the description, it sounded like a good place to hide a gang! Or even an individual.

But as you said, we’ll probably never know.
    Hi Lesley

No worries.
    Since Joseph had no family in the UK(as far as I know)the only reason he had was to flee from justice (my guess) but wihtout real proof in docs it is hard to say why he went there, if at all.

Hi Paul
    As a help to other researchers who have links to your lines how far did you check out the JewishGen Unified data base on the Koperberg name.

Am I right in thinking Joseph's mother was married twice?

How far have you gone checking your family lines for associated families?
    Phillip-Jewish,British Ancestry

"The only true dead are those who have been forgotten"

Quote Originally Posted by phillip View Post
    Hi Paul
    As a help to other researchers who have links to your lines how far did you check out the JewishGen Unified data base on the Koperberg name.

Am I right in thinking Joseph's mother was married twice?

How far have you gone checking your family lines for associated families?
    Hi Phhilip

Did serach JewishGen,did not find any links to Joseph.
    No, Josephs mother Roselina only married Barend Gokkes.
    My search for this family whose name is sometimes written as Koperenberg has extended to all kinds genealogical sites mainly here. Many come form south of Holland Province of Brabant

Dear leasley, hope all is well with you.
    Actually I am again looking for ancestors who made it to the UK, this time January 15, 1863 the family of Wolf Joseph van Wesel came to London according to the civil records of Amsterdam. So where to look?What are the best ways to find them in London after that date.
    Thanks very much for your kind reply and help, best rgds, Paul Beek

Hi Paul
    Like the previous posts it would help if you posted more information on the Van Wesel family. What did the Amsterdam records state? There is 1 Van Wesel name on the England Alien Arrival records 1810-1811; 1826-1869 and that was from Rotterdam to London July 1851. There are no records for 1863 but there are various Wisell, Wessel, Marcus Van Wesel b 1861 leaving Plymouth 1919 for New York; Van Wesel 1901 Southampton to New York.
    Did your Van Wesel come to London and live in London or was this a short visit.

I would set out as much data as you have to help others to help you.

Default 1863 to London

Quote Originally Posted by phillip View Post
    Hi Paul
    Like the previous posts it would help if you posted more information on the Van Wesel family. What did the Amsterdam records state? There is 1 Van Wesel name on the England Alien Arrival records 1810-1811; 1826-1869 and that was from Rotterdam to London July 1851. There are no records for 1863 but there are various Wisell, Wessel, Marcus Van Wesel b 1861 leaving Plymouth 1919 for New York; Van Wesel 1901 Southampton to New York.
    Did your Van Wesel come to London and live in London or was this a short visit.

I would set out as much data as you have to help others to help you.
    Hi Philip, tks fr your kind reply.

On site of city archives Amsterdam link https://archief.amsterdam/indexen/de...7-877bcdbed634
    you can see that a Wolf Joseph van Wesel (1823)came to London with his wife Vrouwtje Ziekenoppasser(1820) with their kids: Joseph Wolf(1844),Esther(1847),Raphael(1849),Isaac(1859)a nd Branca(1862),adress Joden Houttuinen 161 Amsterdam, they were not registered as ever having been back in Amsterdam. Do bnot know they sailed from which port.So, that si what I know from Amsterdam records,sorry
    Have a good weekend, Paul

Hi Paul
    Have you seen the Familysearch records for Wolf Joseph Van Wesel. I noted that there are records for Isaac b 1859/60 including his marriage and children all from Amsterdam. Is he the right son of Wolf because if so he is living in Amsterdam during the 1880s.
    With regard Wolf he doesn't appear in later records and I have not seen a death record.
    However, if he did settle in another country such as USA then the name changes/spellings can vary significantly.

Hi Paul
    There is a Death Record for Wolf Van WIEZEL b abt 1823 March qtr 1868 Whitechapel 1c 252 age 45.
    This may or may not be Wolf Joseph Wesel. I note his dob as about 1823 which is the same for Wolf Joseph.
    It may be worth getting a copy of this certificate to either confirm or rule him out.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast