Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Loves to help with queries

Default Link does not go to data

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    Hi Paul,

Go to https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/c...ates/login.asp
    If you haven't already done so, you have to register to search the births and deaths indexes but it's free to search.
    You'll find
    Solomon 1872, Adelaide 1874,Elizabeth 1877, Wolfe 1879, Asher 1881, and Myer 1883, all with mother's maiden name of Swart.
    If you want the actual birthdates then you'll either have to buy copies of the birth certificates, or hope that there's a record somewhere in the syngagogue files.

Think you might find Rachel's birth registered as Dombe, mother's maiden name Schwartz, as Whitechapel registration district matches Rachael's stated birthplace in the 1871 and 1881 census.

Pam
    Goodmrning dear Pam

Thanks for your kind reply however your link does not show data on my PC but:
    Online ordering service - Register or Login from GRO. From those names I do ot know Meyer and Wolfe.
    Maybe you can find the page where these names are?Would be a great help.
    Now I am anxiously waiting for the naturalisation records of Moses Dombin/Harris, they might give data on his birth town and family.
    HaVe a nice day, keep safe, best regards, Paul

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Beek1956 View Post
    Goodmrning dear Pam

Thanks for your kind reply however your link does not show data on my PC but:
    Online ordering service - Register or Login from GRO. From those names I do ot know Meyer and Wolfe.
    Maybe you can find the page where these names are?Would be a great help.
    Now I am anxiously waiting for the naturalisation records of Moses Dombin/Harris, they might give data on his birth town and family.
    HaVe a nice day, keep safe, best regards, Paul
    Paul,

The link itself doesn't show any data.
    As I explained, you have to register, then you can search the indexes for the names and the years.
    The extra information you get will be the quarter in which the birth was registered, the registration district in which the birth took place, and the volume and page number references of the birth certificate. As I have already said
    If you want the actual birthdates then you'll either have to buy copies of the birth certificates, or hope that there's a record somewhere in the syngagogue files.
    Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Default Correct

Paul,

As I explained, you have to register, then you can search the indexes for the names and the years.
    The extra information you get will be the quarter in which the birth was registered, the registration district in which the birth took place, and the volume and page number references of the birth certificate. As I have already said

Pam
    Hi Pam, yes found what you mentioned so sorry for my ignorance.
    However ordering these is too expensive too bad in the UK like Holland you cannot online see the certificates yourself, free.
    Best regards, Paul

Default more data on kids Moses and Catheirne

Paul,

Pam
    Goodafternoon Pam

Hope you are ok.

Checling many sites I am still looking for: birthdate and place of Rachel/rachaecl Harris/Dombin born in 1890, Asher who is called by last name Harris born in Uk 1882 but sites differ in data 1882 couild also be wrong since Moses came to US 1881, trange is that I do not see him with name Dombin although he was born in UK. Also there seems to be a Myer Dombin of 1883, cannot find anything on him.
    Am now looking into the immigration of Moses and family into US, hopefully the records show his birth town and family like parents since they do not appear anywhere.
    Have a nice day, best regards, Paul

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415