Default Lockdown Family Tree

Hello Everyone!
    I've been thinking of researching my Family Tree for quite a while but during this latest lockdown it has given me something to do while watching box sets when I'm not working.
    My mum's side of my family (Deakins/Croft) seems to be going well with birth, marriage & death records fairly easy to find but on my dad's side (Chandler/Holmes/Grundy) both my nana and grandad were married in their lives but not to each other!
    I can also see why people are longing for the 1921 Census to be released!

Growing old Disgracefully

Where are your Holmes from as I have Holmes from Oxfordshire in my Tree.

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum. Be warned - Genealogy is addictive!

If you are new to all of this, there is a message HERE which explains some of the things you can do to help people trying to help you.

Have a look round, choose a suitable forum and tell us a bit about one of your current "targets".

Just one thing - I don't know (or need to know) whether you are 17 or 70, so there's no way to guess whether your grandparents are likely to be alive. Please remember that we don't allow details about (potentially) living people to be published on the Forum.

Thank you for the replies!
    Well, up until starting to go deeper into my family history, I thought my generation was the eldest, with a cousin on each side almost age 70 (I'm age 56) but after talking to my cousin on my dad's side, I have since searched for birth, marriage & death certificates for 2 of my dad's half brothers. I have not found their death certificates!
    My dad's mum was Holmes before she married Mr Grundy in Lincoln but as of yet, I haven't found her birth record to know if her maiden name was Holmes. Most of my family live in Lincolnshire.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MissingLincs View Post
    Thank you for the replies!
    Well, up until starting to go deeper into my family history, I thought my generation was the eldest, with a cousin on each side almost age 70 (I'm age 56) but after talking to my cousin on my dad's side, I have since searched for birth, marriage & death certificates for 2 of my dad's half brothers. I have not found their death certificates!
    My dad's mum was Holmes before she married Mr Grundy in Lincoln but as of yet, I haven't found her birth record to know if her maiden name was Holmes. Most of my family live in Lincolnshire.
    Do you know what Mr. Grundy's first name was? Also what was your grandmother's first name? Someone may be able to find a marriage registration if we know this info. There is a Vessey R Grundy marrying a Florence Holmes in Lincoln. March quarter 1915. That date seems a bit too early though.

Yes, Vessey Robinson Grundy was my nana's husband and the father of my dad's half-brother (I didn't want to go into too many details with my first post as we are in the introduction thread). I have my nana's full birth date (21.5.1893) from her death record from one of the genealogy sites but can't find birth records apart from other people's trees (which I know I need to find evidence rather than just trust them).
    I will start a new thread, just to keep this one short, and I'd love to accept any help you can send my way! xx

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MissingLincs View Post
    Yes, Vessey Robinson Grundy was my nana's husband and the father of my dad's half-brother (I didn't want to go into too many details with my first post as we are in the introduction thread). I have my nana's full birth date (21.5.1893) from her death record from one of the genealogy sites but can't find birth records apart from other people's trees (which I know I need to find evidence rather than just trust them).
    I will start a new thread, just to keep this one short, and I'd love to accept any help you can send my way! xx
    I am a little confused with dates. If your gran was born in 1893, you said you are 56 years old, so born about 1965. Holmes married Vessey in 1915 when she was about 22 year old. When was your dad born?

Famous for offering help & advice

there are now two threads on this family

https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...st)?highlight=

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Cross-posted with wimsey.

All the details about this query can be found in this thread, and any further answers should be posted there.
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...st)?highlight=

This thread is now closed.
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”