Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Famous for offering help & advice simmo1's Avatar

HI Karen
    As Lesley said certainly in the army, as for the other one, sorry, never seen it before and have no idea.

regards

Robert
    Remembering

My Father 1819170 Lance Bombardier Robert Simpson 39/14 L.A.A. R.A.

Thanks Lesley for your help.

Thanks Robert, it was worth a try.
    karen

Lesley,
    I would like to apply for grandads service records, could you please tell me how I go about this.
    Karen

Also I have emailed the suffolk regiment museum, to see if they have any info either on the camp or on grandad. (you never know).

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by karenlew74 View Post
    Lesley,
    I would like to apply for grandads service records, could you please tell me how I go about this.
    Karen

Also I have emailed the suffolk regiment museum, to see if they have any info either on the camp or on grandad. (you never know).
    Karen - see posts 2 and 14 where Lesley has posted the link to a post which contains all the information as well as a link to the forms needed.

Cheques written in the UK are usually valid for six months, so I don't know how the MoD are going to deal with the situation if they don't present the cheque for payment until they are ready to process the application for service records.

As you live overseas, I would suggest that you first read this thread.
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...or-army-record
    Note that it's from 2016 so the names of the personnel may have changed.
    Find out from the Australian banks how long their money orders are valid for, before contacting the MoD, and then you can say that the IMO has to be presented within x time limit so what's the best way round the problem as you understand that there is a waiting time of approximately eighteen months.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Thanks Pam,
    By the sounds of it, it might be easier if I got one of my Aunts in England to pay for this for me, and I just send her the money. Although she isn't very good on the computer. (haha) I will figure something out.
    Thanks again.
    Karen

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by karenlew74 View Post
    Thanks Pam,
    By the sounds of it, it might be easier if I got one of my Aunts in England to pay for this for me, and I just send her the money. Although she isn't very good on the computer. (haha) I will figure something out.
    Thanks again.
    Karen
    Well you can send her the paperwork in a correctly-dressed envelope and ask her to write a cheque (and stick a stamp on the envelope ) but hold fire for a few days because I'm going to contact the MoD to ask what they're going to do re the cheques which will be out of date in eighteen months time. (To say nothing of people who might have changed banks, changed their name, or passed away.) Will post the answer when get one.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

What a good idea.
    I will wait and see if you get an answer.
    Thanks Pam

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123