Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home

Default Looking for Blanco's in 1881 census

Hi I cannot find my Blanco family in the 1881 census.

Pedro Blanco (born 1838) was in the 1871 census in Liverpool and on the electoral rolls up to 1875 but then he is no-where after that.
    I know he died (drowned) in Pau Sth of France in 1888 but cannot find any land records for him or why he was in France and no passenger lists! His occupation often says Merchant.

I can't find Emilio Blanco (born 1854) either in 1881 - he had a son Emilio Jr who died in Bristol of 1881 but cannot find him on any census records.
    He is back in Leicester on the 1891 census.

Both ancestors apparently born in Philippine Islands. On the 1871 census however it states they are both from Spain, but all other census say Philippines. Pedro's death cert for France says he is from Manila.

Could the Blanco family have taken a trip somewhere in 1881? If they were on route somewhere would they then not be picked up on a census?

Thanks in advance
    Kerry

Super Moderator

Do you know that Pedro married Martha Kendall (she is with him on the 1871 census) in Birkenhead in 1868?

There is a Certificate of Arrival on 2 August 1848 for a Dom Pedro Blanco arriving from Spain

There is a mention of a P. Blanco on the crew list of the ship Africa in 1889. Port of Registry was Liverpool, If this is anything to do with your Pedro that it may account for the reason he was in France when he drowned.

By the way on the 1871 census entry I see it gives the occupation as Ship Broker,

Super Moderator

In 1891 Martha is a widow living in North Meols, Lancashire. She is with Luis Pedro Blanco, born abt 1871 and Alfred A Blanco, born abt 1878, both sons.

The entry for Luis has been corrected by a member. There is also a tree on Ancestry showing Pedro.

This rings a bell? There's a death notice in the Liverpool Echo, 10 Jan 1889

BLANCO - December 17th 1888, at Pau, South of France, Pedro Blanco, late of Liverpool: deeply regretted.

I've found his entry on the "Tables Decennales" for Pau to confirm the death date of 17th December. Now to find the Acte de Deces!
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

https://archives.agglo-pau.fr/4DCGI/...ge/ILUMP24932#

Bottom left hand corner - No 739

Are you OK to translate - it tells you age, occpn, where born, where resident and wife.

The URL is correct - but is not delivering desired screen?

Starting to feel at home

Thanks Suemalings for your help.

I have already secured the information regarding Pedro's wife on the 1871 census.
    The arrival on the 1848 ship would place Pedro at 10 years of age (I believe he was born around 1838) Would a child travel alone at that time?? I'm not sure.
    The ship Africa dated 1889 was 1 year after his death so couldn't be him.

And correct he was a Ship Broker in 1871 - thanks for that.

Starting to feel at home

Hi helchau

It may have been you that found his death certificate in Pau for me? Are you in France?
    I have this and I have sort of translated it too. Thanks so much.
    I did find the death notice too after a tip off thanks.

I am now trying to piece together how he got to Pau and what was his business or his cause of death.
    Thanks again

Starting to feel at home

Hi yes it is giving me an error too
    Thanks for the link.

Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by helachau View Post
    https://archives.agglo-pau.fr/4DCGI/...ge/ILUMP24932#

Bottom left hand corner - No 739

Are you OK to translate - it tells you age, occpn, where born, where resident and wife.
    Hey I got on by shortening the url - thanks. Then working out how to search in French!
    I have kind of translated it but can't quite read the French names.
    I think the occupation is for the witness to the death (Teacher) and doing a quick search I found one of the names to be a tax inspector and I believe it to be his house Saubat Lelanne.

The names I can't quite make out are Ajoui (?) de’ligiu (?) and maybe Adrien Reyriene ??
    Not sure how to attach the image on here.

I wish I knew how he died and how long he lived there and why wasn't Martha with him?

Thanks for you help.
    Kerry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast