Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    A fountain of knowledge

It's a bit late for me this evening so I may be in a muddle but is this the family:

Arthur John Green was born c1902.
    The 1911 census with an Arthur and a brother George (who was married to Amy)are together in High Wycombe Bucks.Father Benjamin and wife Susan. George born 1896 Beaconsfield. Arthur 1902 Beaconsfield.

Marriage of Benjamin to a Susan is Q1 1884 Susan Ellen Gilder in Amersham.

George Q2 1896 mmn Gilder Born Amersham. Arthur John Q4 1902 mmn Gilder Born Amersham.

Hope I haven't got this totally wrong.Jill

A fountain of knowledge

PS There are lots of siblings as 12 born and 12 still alive in 1911.Think I am meant to give details of the census itself but don't know where to find that.Jill

A fountain of knowledge

PPS
    Death Q4 1972 GREEN ARTHUR JOHN 30SE1902 AMERSHAM 6A206S
    Probate 138 Kingsmead Road, Wycombe Marsh, High Wycombe. Died 25 November 1972 Probate Oxford 12 January.
    £12,602.

A fountain of knowledge

Again sorry too late for me to go through this again but don't think the death reg dob tallies with the birth I found

YES it does

A fountain of knowledge

Arthur's 2nd Marriage Q1 1952 Maidenhead Lucy Matthews

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Gillian, you're wonderful! It sounds right. My Granddad, Arthur John Green, would have been born between 1900 and 1905. His brother was George, who was married to Amy. I've never known the names of my great grandparents, so thank you so much. I'm guessing the mmn stands for mother's maiden name (I've never seen that abbreviation before).

A fountain of knowledge

Thanks for your appreciation! Yes you are correct re mmn, sorry I didn't clarify.

I'd like to know if your mother thinks that in fact this is the correct family from the names given although possibly she doesn't know? I like to help if I can but not very good at this!

i will send you a pm - personal message. To access this click on Notifications and you will see an Inbox (plus means to send a pm). Brit Gen should send you an email notifying you of both a posting and also a personal message.Jill

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123