Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by Vossy View Post
    Pam
    The one and all was not the ship but a claim. The area was developed after a gold rush and there was much mining still going on. It was a mining accident. Quite harrowing reading.

Vossy
    Also just had another look at Emma Keelings marriage certificate. Her husband Thomas Saker was....a miner. He obviously emigrated to take part in the gold mining.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Vossy View Post
    Pam
    That is all fantastic. I found the entry for the one and all. It seems to make sense bearing in mind he was crushed between two beams of timber. Ive had a quick look at the inquest for young William and am just trying to work out how to download it. All of my research is in the UK so far so I am a novi e with the Australian stuff. I'll say it again...you are a superstar. Thank you.
    Vossy
    I don't deserve all the praise.
    helachau was the one who found the inquest for Ephraim, which made it easy to find William's inquest, too.

Inquests always make harrowing reading.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Starting to feel at home

Pam

Yes I know. In my previous occupation I attended more than my fair share so I know what to expect. It always seems to be different when the person concerned is family.
    Thank you to Helachau for the excellent detective work too. I've got a story to write up now.

Vossy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123