Thread: Scam emails

Super Moderator

Default Scam emails

I have just received an email that looks pretty genuine. It is advising me that my TV licence expires on the 6th February 2021. It doesn't expire until the end of Marc!. Looking closer at the sender the address is ananadnag.souzaAThotmailDOTcom. So definitely a scam - Beware.
    Last edited by christanel; 06-02-2021 at 8:31 AM. Reason: email link edited so nobody clicks on it accidentally!

Famous for offering help & advice

I received a scam email yesterday from NHS-U.K. telling me I had been selected for the Corona virus vaccine due to my genetics!
    E mail address was CaroledianeAThotmailDOTcom
    Honestly,these scammers will try anything!
    Last edited by christanel; 06-02-2021 at 8:31 AM. Reason: email link edited so nobody clicks on it accidentally!

Knowledgeable and helpful

Before opening ANY emails always check the senders email address - if it looks suspicious IGNORE the message and DELETE it. Never ever follow a link to a web site unless you are 100% certain it is genuine.

Many years ageo I was responsible for publishing a computer related magazine and I had emailed / phoned numerous businesses looking for sponsors to help pay the publication and distribution costs. One day I logged onto my email and saw a message with the senders name DARINDICK - I was just about to ignore it when I noticed the rest of his email address was a MAJOR computer company that I had contacted. And they ended up taking regular ads in the publication. So - check, check, check beofre opening anything.

And finally you have never won or been selected for anything that you haven't entered.