Super Moderator

Default How do I see page 2 of New Posts?

When I click on New Posts, at the end of the list it tells me that the page on the screen contains 14 of 18. But how do I look at the next 4? I can't see an option for page 2.

Brick wall demolition expert!

Well spotted suemalings! Nor can I.

Knowledgeable and helpful

I see that there are 14 of 18 when I click on Today's Posts. There are a lot less when I click What's New? Certainly not enough to need more than 1 page.

Super Moderator

Never clicked on What's New before, but I have now and I find 41 entries and the option to look at pages 1,2 and 3. Who says you can't teach an old dog........

I am another who doesn't use What's new but you made me try it suemalings!
    At the bottom of the first page LH side I get Results 1 to 25 of 27 and on the right both top and bottom of the page Page 1 of 2. Click on 2 and there are the last two results. However, unless I am going blind (or losing the plot) this thread doesn't show up. So I am going to stick to Todays Posts - I don't need to know about any more tech issues.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Knowledgeable and helpful

I still haven't figured out why there's no option to see the second page if Today's Posts...

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by suemalings View Post
    Never clicked on What's New before, but I have now and I find 41 entries and the option to look at pages 1,2 and 3. Who says you can't teach an old dog........
    I can teach you an even better one.

Did you know that you can choose the number of posts per page in a thread? There's the forum default (which I can't remember), but you can alter it to have up to forty posts par page per thread.

From the blue banner at the top of the page. Select forum actions, then general settings.
    Scroll down the page till you see 'Thread display mode' and then the second box 'Number of posts to show per page'.
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Brick wall demolition expert!

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post

Did you know that you can choose the number of posts per page in a thread? There's the forum default (which I can't remember), but you can alter it to have up to forty posts par page per thread.

I think that there must be a glitch in the system Pam. My setting already says 40 posts per page, but I can only see 16 of the 19 "Today" posts!

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

I believe Today's Posts and What's New run searches with different logic.
    On a quick look my guess is that Today's Posts returns a list of threads with posts made in the previous 24 hours, and What's New returns a list of threads initiated within the previous week.
    For example, I posted yesterday (3rd Feb) on a thread that was initiated in May 2020 - this appears in Today's Posts, but does not appear in What's New.

Quote Originally Posted by montezonc View Post
    I believe Today's Posts and What's New run searches with different logic.
    On a quick look my guess is that Today's Posts returns a list of threads with posts made in the previous 24 hours, and What's New returns a list of threads initiated within the previous week.
    For example, I posted yesterday (3rd Feb) on a thread that was initiated in May 2020 - this appears in Today's Posts, but does not appear in What's New.
    Guess I'll stay with Today's Posts. Life's already confusing enough.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs