Starting to feel at home

Default The Manchester Genealogist magazine

Hi,
    I have about 60 different Manchester Genealogist booklets, produced by the Manchester and Lancashire Family History Society. They date from the 1990s mainly. They include sections on Scottish and Irish interests but seem to centre on Manchester and bolton. I no longer need these - they were passed on to me by a friend - but it seems a shame to throw them out. They contain a wide variety of information. If they would be of interest to anyone, they would be welcome to have them. We could work out how to get them to you.
    Ros

Hey. Do you still have those magazines? I collect interesting and rare ones, so please LMK if you still have them. Btw, guys, let me know if you have any magazines you don't need, so I can buy them from you.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Welcome to British-Genealogy, BeckhamMccarthy.

Offering to buy magazines is OK, but bear in mind that most of our members are in the UK, and postage to the USA is not cheap.

Do you have a particular type of magazine in mind? The ones Ros is talking about are purely genealogy-based. No fashion, home make-overs, film/theatre gossip, etc. Just 'John Smith married Mary Brown in 1850 and they had six children'.

I'm not trying to put you off, but unless you have an interest in genealogy, and in particular a connection to Manchester, then I don't think the magazines are going to be of great interest to you.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Hey there! Glad to see someone who shares the same passion for collecting magazines. Unfortunately, I don't have any magazines to sell, but I did come across some cool literary magazines last week. I'm new on this forum, but I'm always on the lookout for unique magazines to add to my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by BeckhamMccarthy View Post
    Hey there! Glad to see someone who shares the same passion for collecting magazines. Unfortunately, I don't have any magazines to sell, but I did come across some cool literary magazines last week. I'm new on this forum, but I'm always on the lookout for unique magazines to add to my collection.
    So, if you have any literary magazines or know where to find some, let me know. I'm down to make some deals and add to my stash.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Beckham, as per the name of this forum it is for genealogy queries, not for anything else.

I am therefore closing this thread.

If anyone does have magazines they think you might be interested in they can contact you using the private messaging system.
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”