Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Default Hello 2021 - and 'thank you' BG sleuths

Yes, I know I'm slightly early for the UK but we do have some members who are already saying 'good riddance' to 2020 and celebrating the arrival of 2021.

Let us hope that the New Year is a happier and healthier one for us all.

A huge 'thank you' to everyone who has posted a reply to a query during the last year, especially the 'regulars'. There are too many of you to name, and Buggins Law says I would miss out at least one person, but you know who you are, and hopefully also know how much you contribute to the success of Brit-Gen. .

(I'm not the only person who laments the disappearance of the 'thanks' button which was a very effective, but unobtrusive, way of saying thank you to a reply. Some answers leave me thinking 'how the heck did they find that piece of information?' because they are so left-field. )

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Brick wall demolition expert!

Happy New Year to you Pam, and to anyone else reading this.

And good riddance to 2020!

Some while ago a certain person referred to an "annus horribilis" - 2020 certainly falls into that category.
    So, let's hope 2021 is an "annus mirabilis".

A Healthy New Year to all.
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

2020 has forced us all to build our lives around a new 'normal' and New Year's resolutions may be very different to those of previous years but for 2021 and the start of a new decade I am wishing you all a healthy 2021 and to spite the doom and gloom let’s spread some kindness and laughter.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Happy New Year, everyone.
    Thanks for all your help over the year, may you demolish brick walls next year!

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Happy New Year to you all. A big thankyou for all your answers to 'every ones' questions. Bah humbug to 2020. Stay safe.

Growing old Disgracefully

Happy New Year to all Stay Safe, Let the New Year get started they way we all want.

Happy New Year to everyone. At least during lockdown I got some genealogy done and BG never closed! May we all get to hug the rellies in 2021.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Knowledgeable and helpful

Happy New Year everyone. Why has the BG clock advanced by 2 hours over GMT by the way? I started a new thread at around 6.52pm but the thread states that it was 2 hours later which incidentally by my clock is still nearly two hours away!
    "People will not look forward to posterity who never look backward to their ancestors.” Edmund Burke

Happy New Year, all.

Tony, I’ve just checked my reply to you on another thread, and the times matched that on my iPad.
    There’s a note at the bottom left of the Home Screen saying the site runs on GMT+1.