Thread: Christmas!

Default Christmas!

Somehow, wishing everyone a “Merry Christmas” doesn’t seem quite so appropriate this year... At best, many of us are not able to see family and friends as usual, and others have lost people.
    I was quite proud when I had a pm from a bereaved member a couple of months ago. She said that when she really feels lonely but doesn’t want to talk about thinge, she comes to BG and just reads all the posts whether they’re relevant to her research or not, because she feels part of a community here with so many people helping each other. It’s true, we have a remarkable collection of friendly and helpful members.

Thank you all, for making BG what it is. Enjoy your Christmas!

PS my “small” turkey looks quite large now that the Dutch Government’s promoted us from lockdown lite to hard lockdown... The freezer’s going to be full tomorrow!

Growing old Disgracefully

At 73 in january this is the first year ever that I get to be on my own to do what I want for the day. But I bet that will not last long even so I told them door will be locked so none of them can get in. I could stay in bed all day reading my book if I want but with 2 cats that want feeding I had to get up. we'll see who turns up and they will get a clip around the ear. Tomorrow we get to have Grandson Zachary and thats all I want. Love helping folk on here. love to all

Brick wall demolition expert!

Wishing everyone a peaceful Christmas wherever you are, and however you spend the day.

I suspect that today will become one of those days which in years to come people will be able to say where they were and what they were doing!

So different to our "normal" Xmas - first time at home in 13 years . A bubble of two before, during and after and staying that way for some while yet.
    I've noticed that the customary greeting in this neck of the woods of "Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda (Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year)) has become "Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Iach (Merry Xmas and a Healthy New Year).

Whichever, as Tiny Tim says "God bless us, everyone"
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Smile

We had a lovely Christmas day with our son and of course we can mix, mingle and travel within NZ so far easier for us than for millions of others around the world. Son went back to Wellington with lots of left overs so I can get my fridge back to 'normal.'
    A special guest at our lunch was next doors dog, Nova, who was alone for the day.
    Now 7am on boxing day and having a cuppa in bed wedged in between two cats and a snoring OH. TMI?

Wishing all our loyal BG members and their families a Healthy and Happy 2021.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Here’s hoping 2021 is a much better year for everyone
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids