Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Loves to help with queries

Default Mary Hollins b.1805 West Bromwich

I'm looking for the parents of Mary Hollins, b. 1805 (maybe in West Bromwich). Married to Paul Woodhall b. abt 1805 West Bromwich.
    Thanks in advance
    Shay

Super Moderator

Default MAr Hollins

Quote Originally Posted by shaygriff View Post
    I'm looking for the parents of Mary Hollins, b. 1805 (maybe in West Bromwich). Married to Paul Woodhall b. abt 1805 West Bromwich.
    Thanks in advance
    Shay
    Mary married Paul Woodhall At St. Mary's Handsworth, Staffordshire. on 1 June 1829. Sorry no image available on my system (yet) so I can't tell you who her parents were.

Famous for offering help & advice

The only other Hollins marriages in Handsworth around that time are these:

1832 – William Hollins & Susannah Kendall. Wits William Taylor & Mary Taylor.
    1839 – William Hollins, Widower, Forgeman (father also William) & Elizabeth Cook nee Moor, widow. Wits William Taylor & Mary Taylor
    1840 – Thomas Hollins, Hammerman of Birmingham (father William Hollins, Forgeman) & Mary Lane, minor, of Birmingham (father John Lane). Wits: Joseph & Hannah Lane.

In 1851 Thomas, Mary & children, along with a William & Hannah Lane, are in Aston, Warwickshire, and Thomas’s PoB is Stourbridge, Worcs c1819. In 1861 they are still in Aston, but Thomas’s PoB is now Great Bridge.

This looks like his baptism, at Tipton,
    21 Sep 1817 Thomas s/o William & Susannah Hollins of Great Bridge, Puddler.

Could this therefore be Mary, also baptised at Tipton?
    25 Mar 1807 Mary d/o William & Susanna Hollies

Other baptisms at Tipton:
    4 Mar 1810 William s/o William & Susannah Hollings
    1 Nov 1812 Richard s/o William & Susannah Hollins

Super Moderator

Default Mary Hollins

Could be a co-incidence but one of the witnesses to Paul and Mary was Eliza Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by suemalings View Post
    Mary married Paul Woodhall At St. Mary's Handsworth, Staffordshire. on 1 June 1829. Sorry no image available on my system (yet) so I can't tell you who her parents were.
    Thanks Sue, I do have the date of marrige, but that's all.

Could be a co-incidence but one of the witnesses to Paul and Mary was Eliza Taylor
    Where did you see that?

Super Moderator

Default Mary Hollins

Quote Originally Posted by shaygriff View Post
    Where did you see that?
    I subscribe to Ancestry. There are two entries, one giving the date of marriage as 1st Jume 1829 at St.Mary's, but no image. The other shows the marriage as per the register:

Paul Woodhall & Mary Hollins of this parish were married in Church by Banns this first day of June in the Year One thousand eight hundred and Twenty Nine. By me .............Freer, Minister.

This Marriage was solomized between us Paul Woodhall and Mary X Hollins

In the Presence of:..... Brinks (?) and Eliza X Taylor.

The X probably means the "mark of" as Mary and Eliza could not write. But I am not entirely sure of that.

There is also a death entry for Mary Woodhall, in 1881 Staffordshire, West Bromwich. This could be your Mary.

Famous for offering help & advice

I subscribe to Ancestry. There are two entries, one giving the date of marriage as 1st Jume 1829 at St.Mary's, but no image. The other shows the marriage as per the register:

Paul Woodhall & Mary Hollins of this parish were married in Church by Banns this first day of June in the Year One thousand eight hundred and Twenty Nine. By me .............Freer, Minister.

This Marriage was solomized between us Paul Woodhall and Mary X Hollins

In the Presence of:..... Brinks (?) and Eliza X Taylor.
    The marriage is also on FreeReg, and I think that the witnesses may be Eliza Taylor & Thomas Binks, who married at Handsworth 16 Aug 1829.

Super Moderator

Default <ary Hollins

There is a Baptism in West Bromwich but transcribed as Maria Holden. (Could be Hollin though, writing a bit difficult to read).

Birth 6 August 1805, baptism 15 September 1805, West Bromwich. Denomination: Independent. Father John, mother Ann.

Quote Originally Posted by Jomot1 View Post
    The only other Hollins marriages in Handsworth around that time are these:

1832 – William Hollins & Susannah Kendall. Wits William Taylor & Mary Taylor.
    1839 – William Hollins, Widower, Forgeman (father also William) & Elizabeth Cook nee Moor, widow. Wits William Taylor & Mary Taylor
    1840 – Thomas Hollins, Hammerman of Birmingham (father William Hollins, Forgeman) & Mary Lane, minor, of Birmingham (father John Lane). Wits: Joseph & Hannah Lane.

In 1851 Thomas, Mary & children, along with a William & Hannah Lane, are in Aston, Warwickshire, and Thomas’s PoB is Stourbridge, Worcs c1819. In 1861 they are still in Aston, but Thomas’s PoB is now Great Bridge.

This looks like his baptism, at Tipton,
    21 Sep 1817 Thomas s/o William & Susannah Hollins of Great Bridge, Puddler.

Could this therefore be Mary, also baptised at Tipton?
    25 Mar 1807 Mary d/o William & Susanna Hollies

Other baptisms at Tipton:
    4 Mar 1810 William s/o William & Susannah Hollings
    1 Nov 1812 Richard s/o William & Susannah Hollins
    In 1851, my Paul & Mary with children lived in Church Field, West Bromwich. So these are not mine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast