Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default FANNIE UNGER-LOUIS GREEN

The following data is taken from The Jewish Victorian:Genealogical Information from the Jewish Newspapers 1871-80 transcribed and edited by Doreen Berger,1999 Robert Boyd Publisher

MARRIAGE
    FANNIE UNGER 11.9.1878 at the residence of the brides parents New York..daughter of HERMAN UNGER, to LOUIS eldest son of REV.A L GREEN
    These are the related lines:
    MARRIAGE
    MARY GREEN 12.3.1878 at the Central Synagogue Great Portland Street,eldest daughter of Rev A L GREEN to Rev ISIDORE HARRIS
    Ephraim A Green brother
    Ephraim Levy Green death 13.4.1874 at 4 St James Place Aldgate aged 65 years late of Goulston Street Whitechapel brother of Rev A L Green,Solomon Levy Green,Michael Levy Green, Mrs Asher Green sister

The Green lines further relate to Harris,Abrahams,Halford,Lee, Phillips,Solomon lines ( see Berger for more data)
    Phillip-Jewish,British Ancestry

"The only true dead are those who have been forgotten"

That’s them!

Thank you so much.

So yes, Phoebe Isaacs Unger was my 3x great grandmother.

Oh that’s super helpful. Yes. These are my people.

I tried to reply to the individual threads and I think I may have made a total muddle.

I just wanted to say Thank you so much! I have many new leads and am so, so appreciative.

I wish you all a happy new year.

Happy to support. If you would like data on the associated lines please let me know. I subscribe to the Jewish Chronicle and can access their archives.

Quote Originally Posted by phillip View Post
    Happy to support. If you would like data on the associated lines please let me know. I subscribe to the Jewish Chronicle and can access their archives.
    Phillip,

I would love that! I really appreciate your generosity

Here are some of the Unger related lines from the Jewish Chronicle archives. The first source is The Jewish Victorian. Genealogical Information from the Jewish Newspapers 1871-1880 edited and transcribed by Doreen Berger,Robert Boyd Publications 1999

Marriage
    Henrietta Adeline (Netta) HALFORD 15.10.1879, at the residence of the bride's parents, 26 Cleveland Gardens , Hyde Park, by the father of the bridegroom, eldest daughter of Frederick B HALFORD, to MICHAEL A GREEN, third son of Rev.A L GREEN
    BIRTH
    Frederick B halford a son 4.4. 1878 26 Cleveland Gardens Hyde Park
    DEATH
    MICHAEL LEVY GREEN 6.9.1876 at 115 Gower Street Bedford Square WC in the 65th year of his age.
    Died from apoplexy ( a stroke)... "in his early life a respected minister of the Exeter Congregation.. he was brother of REV.A L GREEN. The Tombstone to the memory of Michael Levy Green will be set at West Ham Cemetery 26 August 1877
    See MRS MORDECAI ABRAHAMS daughter;LIZZIE LEVY GREEN daughter;SAMUEL L HARRIS son in law;ISABEL LEVY GREEN daughter-MARRIAGE Isabel Levy Green 2.4.1873 at residence of bride's parents (Rev Dr Adler and Rev A L Gren uncle of the bride)third daughter of MR. M L GREEN, to LOUIS PHILLIPS of Cardiff; AMELIA LEVY GREEN Marriage 10.6.1872 at the residence of the bride's parents (Rev Dr N M Adler assisted by Rev A L Green uncle of the bride) eldest daughter of M L GReen of 115 Gower Street Bedford Square WC to HENRY SOLOMON,CC of 15 Bevis Marks and 3 St.Helen's Terrace Bow Road E- these lines relate to Mary Solomon mother in law;Israel Solomon father in law;Fanny Solomon sister in law;Louisa Solomon sister in law;Maria Solomon sister in law;ROSETTA BARNARD sister in law;Daniel BARNARD brother in law;Charles Solomon brother in law;John Solomon brother in law.
    There is further data on the lines.

Here is some data on the HARRIS line related to the Unger et al.

Source Berger 1871-1880 ( see previous post for full title of volume)

REV H L HARRIS Death 2.12.1879 after a lingering illness aged 65....The deceased was a native of Cowahl, Poland. In 1858 he was elected Burial Rabbi of Hambro Synagogue and office he filled until a few years ago when he was obliged to have one of legs amputated...His eldest son is REV ISIDORE HARRIS minister of the North London Synagogue

These are some of the BARNARD relatives-Death Louisa BARNARD 6.7.1880 at 9 Milner Square N the residence of her daughter in law, relict of SAMUEL BARNARD of Chatham, in her 86th year. The Monument in memory of Mrs Louisa Barnard of Chatham will be consecrated at West Ham Cemetery 31 October 1880- HANNAH LYONS daughter;A Lyons son in law;Daniel Barnard son;Samuel,Charles Barnard grandsons;H B Barnard son

DEATH HANNAH LYONS 15.11.1872 at 343 West 14th Street New York relict of the late A LYONS and daughter of the late SAMUEL BARNARD of Chatham, aged 47

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12