Valued member of Brit-Gen

Default Richard and Elizabeth Richards

Dear everyone

trying to find the correct parents of John Richards, bapt. 1 Jan 1789 Illfracombe, Devon.
    I have father John and mother Sarah Tucker. But other trees have mother as Sarah Brimley.

also trying to find date and place of death of John Richards and his wife Elzabeth Richards nee Drew. Elziabeths bapt, 16 Feb 1783 Frome. Dorset. her father Thomas Drew and mother Mary.

with so many Richards, its sometimes hard to find the right one.

John and Elizabeth married 3 Aug 1908 Illfracombe, devon.
    I have children:
    John born 1811, Margaret born 1814 and Richard Dallin born 1817.
    thanking you
    Doreenh

Knowledgeable and helpful

Free Reg names parents of John(1789) as JAMES and Sarah.

Free Reg . Marriage John Richards/Sarah Tucker. 18 May 1788. Holy Trinity, Ilfracombe.

The following may be of some relevance:-
    Free Reg marriage. Tobias Dallin/Elizabeth Richards 10 Dec 1765. Holy Trinity, Ilfracombe

Knowledgeable and helpful

Free Reg.
    Other possible baptisms. William, 21 May 1809, Elizabeth 1 Nov 1819, William 13 Jun 1830, buried 2 Jul 1830 (Last two, father John shown as Mason, Living at Lee, Ilfracombe in 1830) Parents John and Elizabeth.

Possible burial of John (b 1789) 12 October 1848. Age 58. Holy Trinity,Ilfracombe

FMP
    Jno son of Jno & Sarah Richards Jan'ry 1 (Note - the "o" in "Jno" is above the line for both and has a horizontal line/dash through it)

Transcript
    First Name - Jno; Last Name - Richards; Baptism Date - 1 Jan 1789; Baptism place - Ilfracombe; Denomination - Anglican; Father's first name - Jno; Mother's first name - Sarah
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

The image of the 18 May 1888 is available on FMP and has been transcribed as John Richard (no "s" - tho' it's clearly there) and Ann Fricker (the "T" in Sarah's last name is rather flowery where she is described as " of the Parish of Ilfracombe" and can be taken as an "F", but where she makes her mark/signs it looks more like "Tucker".

FMP has two other entries - transcripts only - which read John Richards and Sarah Tucker.

Re. marriage register entry, forgot to mention there was only one witness, a "Nath'l Harris". He appears as a signatory on 6 of the 8 marriage entries that follow John and Sarah - so no help there.

Valued member of Brit-Gen

dear Everyone
    a big thankyou. I will put these in my database. If I need further help, I will contact you,
    In the meantimne, please take care with this health crisis. Have a happy xmas and new year.
    best wishes
    Doreenh