Default Elizabeth Frances Morrison aka Lizzie Walters

Please help me to sort fact from fiction
    Walter James Holwill 38 b St Michael's Mount, Cornwall
    Elizabeth Frances Holwill, 34 b Moira, Co Down, Ireland
    Violet Moira Holwill 6 b Raniket, India
    Francis Walter Holwill 9 b St Peter's, Jersey
    Sarah Morrison 35 visitor, b Moira, Co Down, Ireland
    Living Devonport, Devon. RG14/13016/0495/3

Walter and Elizabeth had a third child, Edward John, Dec Q 1913 Tavistock. Mmn Morrison

Walter James Holwill b 15 March 1873. St Michael's Mount
    Elizabeth Frances Morrison b 12 March 1876 Co Down. D/o John and Sarah (O'Hanlon). Hugh Morrison b 1871 Moira, Co Dowm. S/o John and Sarah (O'Hanlon)
    According to biography prepared by dealer when Walter's medals came up for sale, Walter married Elizabeth Frances Morrison in St Peter's, Jersey on 9 August 1900.

CWGC. Walter died on 22 July 1916. Husband of Elizabeth Frances Holwill, Moor View, Brentor. (He was in a military hospital in Kent, having been fatally wounded on the Somme)
    From "Find a Will". Elizabeth Frances Holwill is Moor View, Brentor, died on 28 September 1948. Admin to Francis Walter Holwill.

All very neat and tidy until I came upon this web site - https://unearthdevon.co.uk/brentor/ which had details of correspondence between Lizzie Walters of Brentor and my grandfather, John Cowling

April 1888. Lizzie Walters, Burn Lane, Brentor
    Aged 7 and three quarters (born mid 1880). Little brother Jimmy. Mother pregnant.
    May 1888. Lizzie Walters Burn Lane, Brentor.
    Baby died. She would have been my little sister.
    March 1909. Lizzie Holwill, Moor View, Brentor.
    Married life suiting me well. Quickening started last week. Mother carried and lost four babies in five years.
    November 1911.Lizzie Holwill, Moor View, Brentor.
    Little Francis Walter is well.Walter and I are expecting another baby
    November 1914. Lizzie Holwill, Moor View, Brentor.
    Husband Walter has re-enlisted into 8th battn, Devonshire Regiment.
    July 1916. Lizzie Holwill, Moor View, Brentor.
    Just returned from Kent. Mention of Violet Moira and Francis Walter.

January 1963. Lizzie Holwill, Moor View, Brentor.
    Letter to Frank Cowling, son of John, returning John's letters to Frank. Reference to Cuba and Kruschev. "Moira visited last week"

Where, when and why did Elizabeth Florence Morrison become Lizzie Walters? Where was she in 1881 and 1891? She was in Jersey in 1901. If she was born in 1880 she would have been under 21 when she married. Did she over state her age?

The letters illustrated on the web site are, at best, copies of the original. Most of the details concerning the Cowling family are consistent with known facts, but other aspects of content and context are questionable and I have some uncertainty about the authenticity of the letters.

I would welcome any observations or suggestions that might help me make sense of all this.

Famous for offering help & advice

https://unearthdevon.co.uk/
    It is largely fiction I think - stories made up with some basis from facts, for an arts project. The home page for unearth Devon explains.

Brick wall demolition expert!

I found a web site which confirms their marriage in Jersey : https://jerripediabmd.net/

I think that you should try and track both Elizabeth Florence Morrison and Lizzie Walters before the marriage and see what you find.

I felt I couldn't compose such an accomplished letter at twenty seven and three quarters let alone seven and three quarters.
    I had a look at Walter James' military record - very impressive. Also contains marriage details.
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Knowledgeable and helpful

Thanks to all for your responses.
    I have now been told by someone closely involved that both the letters and Lizzie Walters are fiction. They were created in connection with a dramatic production designed to portray village life, as Grisel suggested.