Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home

Thank you for your post re the 1939 reg. it makes me think that when her death was reported they simply got her birth year wrong, not an uncommon event.
    Pam, a good idea about local library I will check, I used to use Liverpool central library where you didn’t need to be a member to go into and research but I will call them.

Roy

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamelawagster View Post
    On the marraige cert Beatrice address is 61 York St,

1939 register,same address.
    Beatrice Spencer 14 Dec 1889 Female Textile Accessories General Help Widowed

Looks like a shared address with
    Gertrude Collett1897,
    husband,Albert Collett 1895
    Albert Collett 1929

This death reg DOB out by a year from 1939 register.
    Beatrice Spencer
    Birth 14 12 1890
    Death quarter 2. 1979
    Liverpool
    Volume 36
    Page 0375
    Another sleuth on fire in this thread.

I had a feeling that if Beatrice hadn't remarried that she would most likely be found with one of her family but I'd not had time to check for any marriages for her sisters.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Runcorn Weekly News, 4 Apr 1930
    ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
    HARRIS - The family of the late Mrs Harris desire to thank all friends and neighbours for their kind attention and sympathy and floral tributes during their sad bereavement; also Dr Midwinter Jones for medical attention, also the Rev J M Swift and the Rev W O Ormrod - 61 York Street, Garston.

The date of the newspaper item possibly points to a March Quarter registration, which includes an Emily Harris, Mar Qtr 1930, West Derby, 8b 653. However, the age is 53 - which doesn't fit Beatrice's mother.
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

The Runcorn Weekly News carried various "In Memoriam" or "Acknowledgements" with a "61 York Street, Garston" address - dates
    13 July 1917 - From his loving wife and all at 61 York Street ... third son of of Mr and Mrs William Spencer, of 1 Palmerston Crescent, Garston
    18 July 1919 - In loving remembrance of my dear husband, Private Alf Spencer .... and all at 61 York Street, Garston
    21 Nov 1919 - In ever loving birthday remembrance of my dear husband, Alfred ... and all at 61 York Street, Garston
    25 Nov 1921 - In loving birthday remembrance of my dear husband, Alf,..and all at 61 York Street

Runcorn Weekly News, 22 Jun 1917
    SPENCER - Previously reported missing on July 19th 1916, now officially reported killed in action on or about that date, Private Alfred Spencer (Black Watch), the dearly beloved husband of Beatrice Spencer, 61 York Street, Garston and the loved third son of William Henry and Mary Spencer, 1 Palmerston-crescent, Garston.

Marriage Registration
    Albert Collett, Dec Qtr 1828, Liverpool, 8B 45 - married Gertrude Harris

Liverpool Echo, 28 Feb 1978
    DEATHS - COLLETT - February 24, 1978, suddenly at home, of 61 York Street, Liverpool 19, aged 80 years, ALBERT COLLETT husband of the late Gert, and loving father of _______, dear father in law of ________ and dear granddad of _______ (will be sadly missed). Service and cremation at Springwood Crematorium, Thursday March 2 at 9.45 am. No flowers by request

( ____________ - names withheld under 100yr rule)

Starting to feel at home

That does help as I am sure one of the siblings married into a family that moved to the Runcorn area another lead for me to follow up. Thank you

Starting to feel at home

Thank you again this helps fill in the caps

Starting to feel at home

Wow thank you so much for this find, I am not sure why the Runcorn paper I would never of thought it would be in that paper after all the family at that time was in Garston. Is there a link between what would have been a local Garston paper and Runcorn?
    It also makes me wonder if they found his body or just presumed dead?

Famous for offering help & advice

If he is the Alfred Spencer service no s/12457 of 8th bat Black Watch then he is commemorated at the Thiepval memorial in France for soldiers who died at the Somme with no known grave. Very sad.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast